How to drain the A/C system myself

This is possible only through a workaround wherein you place the refrigerant in the evaporator section until you are ready to reload. to remove A/C system Visit here.
Welcome to Stangnet,
Couple things since you are new here. In the top left corners of each post is the date as posted- the last post in this thread was about 15 years ago.

• Sponsors (?)

@ myrefrigerantmac : Nice 15 year old bump! ;)

I'm pulling the stunt one more time, over a year later. I'm in the middle of the drain now. I simply connected the blue hose to the low pressure port and the yellow one I let hung beneath the car. Opened up the knob on this AC manifold thingie I invested in, and left the area. The pressure was on about 40 psi, and an hour later when I went on it's on 0 psi, and no more hissing sound from R134 gas escaping.

Now to my question, is the system still under [heavy] pressure on the high side? Will I need to do the similar approach there? I have never worked AC and I've read that you should avoid messing around with the high pressure port because that's where things can go really bad, so I've deliberately let it be for now.

So, what's my next step?

There shouldn't be any gas pressure on the high side; it's a looped system. One side is "high" when the compressor is running, making the pressure high.

Oh, and don't be too concerned about the environment. Every ounce of every refrigerant ever made will at some point end up in the atmosphere. Recovery of refrigerant gas is just to be able to reuse it, it's got nothing to do with the environment.

Kurt

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
There shouldn't be any gas pressure on the high side; it's a looped system. One side is "high" when the compressor is running, making the pressure high.

Oh, and don't be too concerned about the environment. Every ounce of every refrigerant ever made will at some point end up in the atmosphere. Recovery of refrigerant gas is just to be able to reuse it, it's got nothing to do with the environment.

Kurt
Damn right.
Happy earth day 2020. Lol

Reactions: 1 user