How to get rid of "flash-to-pass" delay on 2016 S550 LED Headlights

So, the 2015-17 S550s come stock with HID headlights, which are known to have a delay while flashing to pass AKA pulling the stalk towards yourself to quickly turn on the brights.

The sequence is somewhat like: stalk pulled....delay...brights on for 1 sec....off
It's just not instant. This is understandable because HIDs need to be ignited to light up and this takes time.

Now the question:

I upgraded to full LED headlights from AlphaRex, and these LED's still behave exactly like the HID lamp in terms off flashing to pass.
There's a delay, and it's just not instant like in the other cars with LED headlights. Is there a way to override or get rid of this delay?

For reference, my other car with LED headlights flash like this, instant, like a camera flash.
flash.gif

Is there a way to achieve this on the S550 with full LED headlights (2016)?

P.S: I'm not trying to blind anyone with flashing lights. I live in Dubai where we have 6 lane highways and it is the norm to flash slow drivers on the left-most lane to signal them to move over, as it is the overtaking/passing lane. The delay is very annoying when you have to use flash to pass consistently over long highway trips.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I've never seen anyone make it work faster but it may be possible with Forscan. It tunes and programs just about everything. Can even turn off the daytime running lights.