How To Install Cobra Rear Brake Kit M-2300-M ***PICS***

• Sponsors (?)

The bracket that the caliper bolts to is the same as the ones on the GT and V6. The backing plate and anti-moan bracket are taller to push the caliper out farther. On my Cobra clone project, I used the V6 rear calipers and brackets (they were new and painted already) without problems.

The GT/V6 brackets are not the same as the Cobra brackets. The groove the rotor spins through is wider on the Cobra bracket. If using the GT/V6 brackets, you need to grind the slot open slightly to allow for clearance as the rotor wobbles.

The GT/V6 brackets also lack the reinforcement bar on the front to help stiffen them up due to the wider rotor groove.

Wow this thread pretty much answered what Ive been looking for for the past couple hours. Like one of the other members said, I specifically signed up to say thanks for the info!

I could have sworn I already had an account for stangnet... I just bought 98 Cobra rear brakes for my 93 Coupe. I didnt realize you have to remove the axles in order to get the backing plate off, FML. A friend of mine is parting out his 98 Cobra so far I have the calipers, pads, brake brackets, dust shield, and anti-moan brace. Looks like I will need to go back to my buddies house to try to remove those backing plates. I also found that my backing plates will need to be cut and reversed from one side to the other to properly work on my fox-length rear end - is that correct?

Wow this thread pretty much answered what Ive been looking for for the past couple hours. Like one of the other members said, I specifically signed up to say thanks for the info!

I could have sworn I already had an account for stangnet... I just bought 98 Cobra rear brakes for my 93 Coupe. I didnt realize you have to remove the axles in order to get the backing plate off, FML. A friend of mine is parting out his 98 Cobra so far I have the calipers, pads, brake brackets, dust shield, and anti-moan brace. Looks like I will need to go back to my buddies house to try to remove those backing plates. I also found that my backing plates will need to be cut and reversed from one side to the other to properly work on my fox-length rear end - is that correct?

I'm unsure, never installed on a fox body.
Someone will come along with the answers to your questions.

Depends on if you want to use the fox length 5 lug axles, or you don't mind running the 94-98 axles and adding 0.75" of width to each side.

Given that you have't pulled the axles, or backing plates off, this might be an option.

http://www.northracecars.com/Brakes.html

Modified axle support brackets, plus the correct 5-lug fox length axles. Use those, along with the part you alrerady took off the cobra, and you can get the cobra 11.65" rear brakes, but keep standard fox width track out back allowing you to run 9" or wider wheels.

If you do decide to pull the axle brackets and axles, they do have value on ebay, you help defray the cost of the north race cars brackets.

Or, if you want to run 17x8 wheels, the OEm cobra stuff and 94-98 Sn95 axles will work great