Fuel How To Replace The Fuel Filler Tube And Gasket (video)

Uzarski

Apr 17, 2015
I decided to throw together a video of what I went through to replace a rusted out filler neck. I figure it will help anyone who might have go through the same thing but would like a clear picture of the process. If you have any input, please comment!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the video, my son and I used it last weekend. I was getting P0442 and P0456 codes for EVAP leak small and EVAP leak very small. Replaced the gas cap but still got the check engine light. Suspected the filler neck gasket and intended to just replace that. Ended up replacing the filler neck as well. Rusted through just like yours. Couple pointers for others. We didn't disconnect the fuel filter line, and ended up bending the fuel filter and had to replace it. Also, for the filler neck, my son had some resin wrap. He got that wet, then we wrapped around the filler neck where the split plastic cover would be ziptied. That should eliminate any future rust. 88k miles on 03 GT and the gasket was fine - we replaced it with a new one anyway. It was about a 4-5 hour job.