I Bought A General Chang Toolbox

GroverDill

GoldMember
Founding Member
Aug 18, 1999
Demotte IN 46310
I wanted one for so long, yesterday I finally got the 56" ( coupon for $699 ) It is big, like real big and heavy, had to use the 2 postlift to unload from truck. I am up in the air on the top box, it is also currently on sale for $399 , not sure if I want it or not, I prolly do .

IMG_0366_zpskpypnsrl.jpg

Next to the craftsman stuff it will be evicting for that location, thats a huge bitch!
IMG_0367_zpsec4ns1by.jpg

I am super happy with the purchase . That is all

Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Only downside to a new toolbox: relocating tools and remembering where you put all of them! :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
I went from the exact same crapsman setup to the HF box that's the next step down and have plenty of room. I could use the top box, but definitely don't need it. Congrats on the purchase, you're gonna like it a lot.

You'll like that box...I've had a general box for 4 years....top, bottom, side drawer, and cabinet ( $1200 ). For the price of my snap on box I could have 10 of'em. Smh

y
Only downside to a new toolbox: relocating tools and remembering where you put all of them! :confused:
Yep. I have two of the craftsman boxes like that side by side. I had long ago sold my uber expensive MAC box for some stupid reason, and am now considering getting just one large HF box- however I've heard the quality of the rollers and drawer slides is questionable.

Very nice box bro.... Does it come with liners or organizers?

y

Yep. I have two of the craftsman boxes like that side by side. I had long ago sold my uber expensive MAC box for some stupid reason, and am now considering getting just one large HF box- however I've heard the quality of the rollers and drawer slides is questionable.

Very nice box bro.... Does it come with liners or organizers?
Ive had mine for a year-ish. No problems whatsoever. Regular useage. Yes on the liners

Yes liners. I read this review and did some checking out of the different "Low end boxes" in person. IMHO the General Chang ( Harbor Freight) boxes are much better than others at the same price point.

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153445

I will be spending the $400 bucks for the topbox this weekend.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: 1 users
I have looked at them. They actually seem pretty high quality for the price. I have no room in my garage for a big box like that. Hopefully I will build a purpose built garage in the next few years, then I will get one.

Joe

Reactions: 2 users
image.jpeg

Harbor freight box FTW! I absolutely love mins, zero problems with it. For the price (I think I've got $675 in the whole deal bought during a sale) you really can't beat it.

Edit: it does have a snap on emblem on it though, fake it til you make it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
All moved in, old boxes emptied and tucked away, not worth selling so I will just hold on to them for now.
IMG_0381_zpsj3cwwn92.jpg

All clean
IMG_0380_zps1jjrv0iq.jpg

I thought I had "tons " of tools, nope the new box is over half empty still. Moving all that :poo: around pretty much sucked butts, but it is done.
This concludes my fun with Harbor Freight toolboxes.

Reactions: 1 user