I found the ultimate junkyard seats

Today I got some recaro seats, they are bmw e21 recaro seats found in bmw 320i's.

Besides being the most comfy seat I have ever sat in, they took 15 mins each seat to install, I unbolted the stock bmw sliders, to my surprise my stock flofit/scat sliders bolted right on in the correct location just using the recaro allen bolts same bolt pattern and spacing as flofit and scat 16" on center, since I had scat elites in the car already they bolted right on to the #266 adapters.

Heres the way cool thing, they sit about 3" lower than my elites ( imeasured from my head to my roll bar), just as low or a bit lower than my stock lo back seats, they fit absolutely perfect in my 67 vert, even the door pulls dont hit the seat, you would think they were made for an early mustang and the stitching pattern on the seats is very close to the stock pattern although I'm going to have them done in leather. No modifications needed!

I will post some pics once I figure out how.

• Sponsors (?)

pics of seats

100_0492.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

more

These seats fit great, I measured from my head to roll bar 3" lower than scat procar elites, I am going to have them done in leather and maybe change interior to black. I'm 5'11 and 220 and these seats fit like a glove and no modifications.

They are found in 77-83 bmw 320i's and say recaro right on the seat tracks, I looked at some new recaros for 900+ each seat and they were incredible, I have seen them in pick-a-parts for cheap, on craigs list but they go fast. I eneded up paying 500.00 for this perfect cond pair out of an 83 but they can be had for way less and then again I have seen restored ones go for 1000.00 a pair.

I have had mustangs since 1975 and this is the perfect junkyard seat that uses readily avalable sliders and adapters that fit flofit and scat seats but sit as low as stock but give you a german engineered oem seat that has saftey and comfort. They ene have adjustable thigh bolsters which when extended give you even more steering wheel to leg room and more comfort on long drives. I am going to re do them in leather in the original pattern.

If you find these seats for a good deal ****** them up quick as they go real fast and now that I let this secret out they will go even faster, you can use scat or wedge engineering sliders and #266 adapters and they bolt right in.

100_0505.jpg

Wow! i can find a driver's side seat in the area for 180 in black vynal so that would go well in my car!!

and aparently to add in it's only the 320i Sport models that were equipped with the Recaro seats. the other ones are furnished with regular bmw seats.

yes you are right, I found a whole 320i sport car for 500.00 bucks on craigslist with those seats but thrashed. Because I can make lots more being a plumber than walking junkyards you know people got to poop even in a recesion ......I paid 500 bucks, if you have the time you can find them for 100 a pr, after sitting in recaros you wont want to buy anything else, they are totally orthopedic.

I had wanted to try those seats out for a long time, but looking at a pair I wasn't sure if I could make the sliders work.

Glad to hear there's an easy solution!!

Back to the junkyards... :D

Thanks for the info. Those Recaros look very similar to the Recaros that came in Fox Mustangs. Hmmm.

They look pretty much like the Fox Recaros. I had a 79 Pace Car Replica and bought a pair of Recaros from an 80 Cobra then had them upholstered to match my 69 Cougar. At the time early Mustang mounting brackets were available for the Recaros which made installation extremely easy.

Thats not bad at all. Those seats look fantastic now. Good job man !

How do these feel compaired to set set of regular recaro buckets ? I'm going to need a good seat for my track car but its still going to be streetable so I'm trying to decide what seats to run. This thread got me thinking about my options.

I just put some of these in my car and used the stock sliders. Going from stock seats to these is a fantastic upgrade. They lift your thighs a little and your butt is a little lower. These are very small differences. Here are a couple of pixs comparing the stock seats. I also got some webbing from this guy. Recaro Seats This is a resource, not a referal. He sells full seats and stuff but I don't know about the quality. The webbing worked fine though.

i'm a bigger guy so it's hard to get my legs in past the steering wheel with aftermarket seats with big wings on the seat. these look like form the side by side to have compairable height to a 68 at least. would you say that it's as easy to get in as stock? still looking for a good deal on these lo l: ). <3 craigslist.