I gave in...

OxMox

turkeysammichesonhisface
Mar 31, 2005
Palm Harbor, FL
Ok. Most of you know that when a thread comes up and it's about gears, I always say "go with 3.73, NOT 4.10" or "don't get any gears atall". Well, I gave in today and bought a set of FRPP 4.10 gears. That's right 4.10. The gearing i'm always telling people not to get. :nonono: I figuered that I got a decent amount of mods done to my car already and gears were among the few that I didn't have. I got them because a few of the races that i've lost were because I didn't quite have enough eccelleration or enough of a "Kick" off the line, however I would almost catch entirely up at the end (if it's a 1/4 mile, street races don't count). Also I just wanna launch like crazy all over the place. :D I'm just hopeing that the next time I go to the track that i'll be able to pull out mid 14s ET. So what are your thoughts on this? ... the gearing size I mean. I'll post up pics of them when they arrive and also a vid once they're installed, i'll try to head down to the local strip when everything is done (porting intake a bit more ;)) and post up some timeslips aswell. Let me know what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

if you have a manual i'm not so sure your going to love the 4.10's, just make sure you get a t-lok with it. I think 3.73's would have been wiser but give it a try. Modulars love the gear because of our higher reving engines and our peak power being up top rather than down low like the 3.8's and 5.0's

98V6 K.I.T.T. said:
if you have a manual i'm not so sure your going to love the 4.10's, just make sure you get a t-lok with it. I think 3.73's would have been wiser but give it a try. Modulars love the gear because of our higher reving engines and our peak power being up top rather than down low like the 3.8's and 5.0's

I already have a T-lok, and I used my Diablosport Predator to raise my rev and delete my speed limiter, so I figuered that it should be ok.

Cornholio, LOL. You have 4.10's right, how do you like them?

worked v6 said:
I already have a T-lok, and I used my Diablosport Predator to raise my rev and delete my speed limiter, so I figuered that it should be ok.

Cornholio, LOL. You have 4.10's right, how do you like them?

Wouldn't have anything else, and that's in a daily driver that has seen several long road trips.