I got a ticket/advice?

• Sponsors (?)

Since I'm (one of) Stangnet's resident 5.0L five-ohs, I'd suggest you just pay it. You were obviously speeding or else he wouldn't have bothered stopping you, and if you take it before a judge, he might just make it worse as in...pay the fine + driving school and community service. Also, going in front of the judge and saying, "well I was hoping I could just....[insert "easy way out" here]...will just piss them off.

25 over pretty much guarantees a ticket where I work. 30 over and depending on the traffic around you at the time, you're in the back of my car for reckless driving.

You know you're in the wrong. Cough up the cash. And slow down. My $0.02.

(And just so everyone's clear, my opinion does not equal legal advice.)

Since I'm (one of) Stangnet's resident 5.0L five-ohs, I'd suggest you just pay it. You were obviously speeding or else he wouldn't have bothered stopping you, and if you take it before a judge, he might just make it worse as in...pay the fine + driving school and community service. Also, going in front of the judge and saying, "well I was hoping I could just....[insert "easy way out" here]...will just piss them off.

25 over pretty much guarantees a ticket where I work. 30 over and depending on the traffic around you at the time, you're in the back of my car for reckless driving.

You know you're in the wrong. Cough up the cash. And slow down. My $0.02.

(And just so everyone's clear, my opinion does not equal legal advice.)

by no means was i going to talk my way out of it i know im guilty, and i know i screwed up and if i can possible get driving school and community service, ill take that over the hit on my record, but if not, my dad(30 year officer) has told me how to keep it off without doing anything but the fine.

MY first speeding ticket was very bad. I was 17 and I passed a cop that was moving in the opposite direction going well over 100mph. I looked in my rearview and saw smoke rolling out of all four of his tires and all in one motion he was going my direction. I turned down a small private road ,stopped the car and put the keys on the dash. He came up to the car and told me "guess what your going to jail" Long story short he threatened to drag me down to the end of the street and kick my ass. I found a lawyer and he tried to fix it and he had no luck seeing as the ticket was 101 in 55mph which was actually slower then I was going. My little 85 mph speedometer was pegged to the trip.

The ticket some how never ending up on my record don't ask me how , all i did was pay the fines.

MY first speeding ticket was very bad. I was 17 and I passed a cop that was moving in the opposite direction going well over 100mph. I looked in my rearview and saw smoke rolling out of all four of his tires and all in one motion he was going my direction. I turned down a small private road ,stopped the car and put the keys on the dash. He came up to the car and told me "guess what your going to jail" Long story short he threatened to drag me down to the end of the street and kick my ass. I found a lawyer and he tried to fix it and he had no luck seeing as the ticket was 101 in 55mph which was actually slower then I was going. My little 85 mph speedometer was pegged to the trip.

The ticket some how never ending up on my record don't ask me how , all i did was pay the fines.

if you overpay, and never cash the returned balance, it doesnt get put through

Well here where im from the best thing to do is take it to court and confess your guilty and be nice to the judge. They will 90% of the time cut your points and fine down (not all the way). Then just take a defensive driving course to get the points back, your insurance will still go up some but not like it would if you had the whole offense on you. Just make sure your not a smart a$$ to the judge or he will burn you good. :nono:

Why would you say it doesn't get put through if you (overpay) and don't cash the returned balance, unless your cops are dirty and keep the extra, I bet you are wrong about that one, I don't care if your police officer dad did tell you that. I have heard of some stations not putting things on your record as long as you just pay the fine before the court date though.
Either way I say man up and pay the ticket. Are you allowed to just pay a speeding ticket that high or is court mandatory if you are speeding by that much?

Why would you say it doesn't get put through if you (overpay) and don't cash the returned balance, unless your cops are dirty and keep the extra, I bet you are wrong about that one, I don't care if your police officer dad did tell you that. I have heard of some stations not putting things on your record as long as you just pay the fine before the court date though.
Either way I say man up and pay the ticket. Are you allowed to just pay a speeding ticket that high or is court mandatory if you are speeding by that much?

Snopes also says false.
snopes.com: Overpaying Traffic Tickets

I got a ticket last night, and ive been freaking out on what to do. It was written as a 90 in a 65 and was wondering if i can do traffic school or maybe community service or anything?

i was actually pushing past100 but he was cool and wrote it 90

Nice. :rolleyes:

You deserve everything you get. You were knowingly speeding (past 100?!) and endangering other people in other cars. No sympathy here and, I'm sorry but, I hope the judge shows no mercy. :nonono:

SLOW DOWN! :fuss:

overpaying the ticket DOSENT WORK... I tried when i was 17, and it came back and bit me in the ass, cause i didnt tell my parents about the ticket and when the DMV sent me a 20 dollar check, they started asking questions :owned:

It always amazes that when people get caught committing a serious traffic offense, they expect to automatically be given some kind of leniency, and that if the cop or judge comes down hard on them, they're "not being cool." :rolleyes:

Judges throwing the book at you for petty offenses or cops trying to ding you hard for having a burned-out sidemarker light bulb is one thing, but if you're tearing ass down the road at 100+ MPH, you NEED to be caught and you NEED to be taught a lesson - getting a slap on the wrist for putting your own life and others' at risk is NOT going to teach you diddly-squat. When you put the pedal to the floor, you knew what you were doing, and you thereby accepted the possibility that you might get caught and prosecuted.

As stated, you made your own bed. Man up, lay in it, learn your lesson, and don't act like a fool again in the future. :nono: