I hate not having a garage, or a driveway, or a yard...

DarkBuddha

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Seattle & Tampa
I'm just bitchin'... Living in Seattle has pretty much limited us to living in an apartment or condo since prices for homes is so expensive. As a result, I don't have a garage, no yard, no driveway, no carport... just a reserved spot at our severely restricted condo community.

This is one of the primary reasons the damn Mach still isn't done and is still in Tampa. Its also really annoying when I come across great project cars. I could write a huge list of cars I've found over the last couple years, but most recently I found a '72 Torino Sport (the good looking one with the small bumpers and sweet hoodscoop) needing a motor rebuild (351C 4v) and a good thorough suspension and brake job. The kicker is that its absolutely straight, rust free, nice interior (except the dashpad), and a 4 speed. $800. :bang:

Oh well, soon it won't matter, when baby 'Buddha arrives next month... I won't have time for any of it anyway. Still, it'd be nice to have a yard to play with the kid in... :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Someday I hope to have a job where I make enough money to afford a garage. Then I will no longer have to lay under my mustang on the rocky ground in the empty lot across from our apartment, and have to live with sand blowing in my eyes, ears, and up my nose.

2nd Mustang said:
.........FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I speak from experience!

Aaaayy-men; buddy! I have two cars' worth of driveway and a carport out front; room for two more in the back yard. I also have three kids, three dogs, (one is 1/2 NK's) three goats (all 1/2's) two cats (one each for 1/2 and her sister Jessie), two rabbits (Jessie's), two R\C airplanes (the expensive one is Jessie's, the cheap one is mine); and of course, the off-site old retired racehorse (1/2's). Oh, yeah, I forgot that lump living on my couch. :rolleyes: Do I have time (or money) to build up that '67??? Well, why do you think I'm "Still Dreamin' "????

On the other hand, my kids and all the animals are worth 100,000,000 old Mustangs. :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

So, it's the best 20+ years I'll ever have. Then, I'll get the car!

(And Buddha just lives in an apartment.) :lol:

Still Dreamin'

65stanger said:
StD - You are more than welcome to come here on your vacation and work on my '65.....good experience for when you get that '67!:nice:

Ol' buddy; if I ever decide to once again grace the Eastern Seaboard with my presence, you can rest assured it will not be during the summer months! The humidity flat sucks back there this time of year!

So, if you've not got a garage; I'll come out in the fall/winter/spring! :D

StangDreamin' said:
Ol' buddy; if I ever decide to once again grace the Eastern Seaboard with my presence, you can rest assured it will not be during the summer months! The humidity flat sucks back there this time of year!

So, if you've not got a garage; I'll come out in the fall/winter/spring! :D
Ahhh....but the humidity doesn't feels so bad here near the beach....there is always a nice breeze blowin'!

65stanger said:
Ahhh....but the humidity doesn't feels so bad here near the beach....there is always a nice breeze blowin'!

Oh, just make me jealous. I'm an ex-Hawaiian living in one of So Cal's inland valleys, less humidity, but oh so hot in the summer! Come to think of it, we never had air conditioning in Hawaii, house or car.

2nd Mustang said:
Oh, just make me jealous. I'm an ex-Hawaiian living in one of So Cal's inland valleys, less humidity, but oh so hot in the summer! Come to think of it, we never had air conditioning in Hawaii, house or car.
Yep... Seattle is beautiful in the summers... near unbeatable. Florida was hot and humid, but cheap. Before we moved to Seattle, we were living in a nice older neighborhood in Tampa in a 3 bedroom 1500 sqft house with hardwood floors, living room, dining room, family room, central air and heat, fireplace, a huge yard, a garage, a big driveway... $625/month. :nice: Now we live in Seattle, in 900 sqft 2 bedroom condo with a living room and a dining room, a dinky ass porch, a lousy reserved parking spot, and surrounded by smokers... $1000/mo. :notnice: :nonono:

2nd Mustang said:

Lately its been pretty hot in hawaii, but since I work in the shade its not too bad. I don't know what's worse, temperature or humidity :(

Well, my mom, a realtor in Florida, sent me an article from the one of her professional magazines about the Seattle home buying scene... this might explain a few things:

"The number of active listings dropped 18 percent in King County and 12.6 percent in Snohomish County, compared with June 2003.

Within King County, total inventory fell the most in the southeast, where 25.1 percent fewer homes were for sale than a year earlier, according to numbers released yesterday by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service. The Kirkland-based service tracks home sales in 15 counties.

Seattle saw the smallest drop in inventory, down 9.3 percent.

Rising prices and mortgage rates also pushed up pending sales, from 5.2 percent on the Eastside to 34.3 percent north of Seattle. Pending sales -- offers that have been accepted but not closed -- indicate what closed sales could look like a month or two later.

Prices last month in King County rose 9.4 percent to a median $299,000. In Snohomish County, prices climbed 9.1 percent to a median $242,150.
"In the city, there's a pretty good squeeze on inventory, and it's become tough to find anything under $250,000," she said. "

$300K for a 50 year old 3 bedroom 1 bath house with a dinky yard in an ok neighborhood! Cold day in hell before I'll buy a house here... I can buy a huge house with a pool and a 4 car garage in Florida for $300K. :bs:

DarkBuddha said:
$300K for a 50 year old 3 bedroom 1 bath house with a dinky yard in an ok neighborhood! Cold day in hell before I'll buy a house here... I can buy a huge house with a pool and a 4 car garage in Florida for $300K. :bs:
Life on the west coast my friend. Get used to it. When I get my little sheet where I put down my first choices to aircraft and duty station it is going to say F/A-18 and East Coast, AH-1 and East Coast, and CH-53 and East Coast. Beaufort, SC or New River, NC, HERE I COME!

skywalker said:
Life on the west coast my friend. Get used to it. When I get my little sheet where I put down my first choices to aircraft and duty station it is going to say F/A-18 and East Coast, AH-1 and East Coast, and CH-53 and East Coast. Beaufort, SC or New River, NC, HERE I COME!

Awww, c'mon! You know you'd love being stationed just barely East of Southern California... You can watch AV-8B's punching their tip gear through the wings (if they get the gear down in time) when making a "hard landing" in a rattlesnake den! :D

Still Dreamin'

My brother was in Seattle for a while and the housing prices were brutal. They chilled out a bit when Boeing left and Microsoft slowed down, but it looks like they're back at it. Amazingly, compared to California, Seattle prices are a deal.

DarkBuddha said:
I'm just bitchin'... Living in Seattle has pretty much limited us to living in an apartment or condo since prices for homes is so expensive. As a result, I don't have a garage, no yard, no driveway, no carport... just a reserved spot at our severely restricted condo community.

This is one of the primary reasons the damn Mach still isn't done and is still in Tampa. Its also really annoying when I come across great project cars. I could write a huge list of cars I've found over the last couple years, but most recently I found a '72 Torino Sport (the good looking one with the small bumpers and sweet hoodscoop) needing a motor rebuild (351C 4v) and a good thorough suspension and brake job. The kicker is that its absolutely straight, rust free, nice interior (except the dashpad), and a 4 speed. $800. :bang:

Oh well, soon it won't matter, when baby 'Buddha arrives next month... I won't have time for any of it anyway. Still, it'd be nice to have a yard to play with the kid in... :rolleyes:

I know this is off topic, but do you have any pics of the 72 Torino? I own a 72 Gran Torino Sport as well :cheers: