I have issues

Three of them actually (unfortunately somewhat long):

1) I had a new header gasket and intake gasket installed. Prior to this, the car was throwing a CEL when downshifting, and leaking some oil. Now the oil leak is solved, and the exhaust is sealed (and I've yet to see the CEL come on). BUT...the car just doesn't run as well. It kicks and bucks like a bronco when cold; and when warmed up, it still sputters some. It didn't do this before (at least not to this extent). Could fixing the intake gasket change my air:fuel to the point where I now need a new tune (assuming the gasket was bad when first installed - the leak has always been there since having the engine built)?

2) I had a problem with blowing the dipstick (and oil) out under boost. Many of you suggested replacing the breather that had been removed. I did this. Now I blow out the dipstick (not as far), and oil comes out the breather. What next?

3) My monster tach has always read about 5400 when my 6AL chip (6K) kicks in. I was told that it just wasn’t able to keep up with the engine revs (it was being fed by the coil). But I installed a 2-step this weekend, and connected the tach to the 6AL directly. For module (step) 2, I’m using an adjustable module (3K to 5200). The tach has no problem keeping up with any of the settings on the adjustable module, and is dead on. But it still reads 5400 at the top end when the limiter kicks in. Could I have received a mislabeled chip? I know the fix here might be easy – just get another 6K chip and see what happens. But have any of you ever had a similar problem?

• Sponsors (?)

1. make sure all the hoses and connectors are on tight and in their proper place. make sure the tubes between the MAF and throttle body are sealed all the way around(i've seen some bend up on the bottom). check for vacuum leaks.

what was the code that you had??

2. check your PCV valve and hose.