I Have To Get This Off My Chest So I Can Sleep.

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
A dude just told me in all seriousness that the F cam is one of the best cams that money can buy. Followed shortly by the statement that TFS 170 heads are superior to iron heads in a BUDGET situation because -

-drumroll-

They look cooler.

And I quote, "nobody is ever going to say nice P heads, bro."

I promise to take screen grabs in the morning and post the back and forth because it is entertaining.

• Sponsors (?)

Can you send him back a screen grab of us calling him a dumbass? Was he like 12 years old or something? Did he stamp his feet like the little kid in Mary Poppins after the banker stole his toppins?

Perhaps he's been so involved with reviewing fart-can websites and magazine articles that he's lost touch with reality.

Maybe he's just trying to get your goat. Do you even have a goat?

Or maybe he's just another dumb :poo: that runs his mouth for the sake of making noise. :shrug:

Meh... I'll stick with my first guess. He's a dumbass.

The context here is that OP wanted the cheapest way to make 280 - 300 FWHP and then wanted to add spray on top of that. So someone (not me) said an explorer top end with a decent cam would get him there. Then this idiot chimed in.

Dumbass1.png
Dumbass2.png

Ah the good ole' what's the best budget HCI arguement. Time better spent would be to watch my dog chase his tail, I think he's going to catch it this time. Oh, and he's a Boxer.

Reactions: 1 user
The problem is if you are BROKE, it severely limits your options. I HAD some 170s and sold them to krazedstang. Would I rather be running those? Sure. But where we are now is what I can afford. The guy who was asking is in a similar situation and would likely be going down the same path.

But an F cam? Best money can buy? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

There are really no letter cams left that I would use on any combo other than mildly modded MAF car that has emissions testing.

The mighty E cam! (insert puffed out chest of super hero here)
It's got a nice lumpy idle
loves the H pipe
it responds well to boost
It helps keep the emissions nazis off ur back

Even then... OTS cam would have me looking hard at Anderson and Holley too. They all make some pretty nice emissions cams.

I'm really not sure what niche the F cam fills but I don't recall it being desirable much past the choppy idle.

He just hasnt seen your port work ;)

I was wondering F cam - I dont recall anyone running one, so I looked it up and the dude is right :rolleyes:

American Muscle:
Features
  • Improved Street Performance
  • Great for Supercharged Mustangs
  • Hydraulic Roller Lifter
  • Sold Individually
  • For 1985-1995 5.0L with 1.60 rockers
Description
Street Performance.
This Ford Racing cam is a great replacement choice for excellent Low and Mid Range Torque, and a Good Idle. The Ford Racing F303 Performance Camshaft is also a great choice for Supercharged 5.0 Mustangs (manual transmission recommended ).

Application. The Ford Racing F303 Performance Camshaft is designed for use in the 1985-1995 5.0L V8 Mustangs with 1.60 rockers. Ford Racing recommends a Hi-Stall torque converter for Mustangs with an automatic transmission.

Ah.... Facebook internet bench racing trolls. The short bus equivalent for tech advice. Half the idiots aren't old enough to drive and the other half get their "knowledge" out of Mustang magazine and Google.

you're all wrong

everyone knows the B-cam is god's gift to engines. there is no better cam, no better engine component than the allmighty b-cam. just the sound of b-cam makes camaro owners pee their pants.

i would go on, but it's all been said before. b-cam > all.

/sarcasm

/thread

I'm convinced, just read some posts where a guy made 1200 horses on an F cam (Think he ran out of money during the turbo 408 build.) It was so good when it came out, they just couldn't do better. It's kinda like Twinkies......how do you improve on them?