I just can't sell it! Anyone else have a problem?

Lynx331

Jan 5, 2004
Chicago IL
I got a 97 3.8 auto that i would like to sell and get a v-8 stick. But i just can't do it. Im like attached to it. Its my first car, and its really hard for my to put the for sale sign in it. ANyone else have problems selling their first cars?

• Sponsors (?)

hi, i just bought my 01 GT not too long ago and yes, it was very hard (still) trying to sell my 98 v6. I was tryin to find some way to make insurance payments on both, but its just not possible, and besides, i need the money from the 6 to use on the loan. I am going to make sure i tell the person who buys it to contact me before tehy ever sell it again because i would probably want it back. Just try to imagine how much more fun the V8 is going to be, and trust me, its WAY more fun

Lynx331 said:
I got a 97 3.8 auto that i would like to sell and get a v-8 stick. But i just can't do it. Im like attached to it. Its my first car, and its really hard for my to put the for sale sign in it. ANyone else have problems selling their first cars?

Neah, it didn't hit me until after I sold it.

This still happens still today with me I get depressed after I sell a car. I'm still depressed about selling our old Tahoe 8 months ago. Some lady ran it over and the insurance made us a great deal on it. So we got a new one and crap my old would out perform my new one and got WAY better gas mileage :bang:

Now that I think about it I told my wife once I bought the SVO I would sell the LX :scratch: That is a hard one for me since crap that car has been the best running car I've ever had as fair as cars go.

Lynx331 said:

After I traded in my 2000 Atlantic Blue V6 on a 01 GT I did miss it, despite having more power from the GT. I guess the GT was more fun, but it also brought with it the pain of higher car notes, insurance notes, lower gas mileage, etc....it was a trade off. And, when I traded the GT in on the 03 V6 I have now, well, I miss both the 00 V6 and the GT now. My black 03 V6 Stang is cool and all, but I'd love to be getting the power of a GT from it....and the Atlantic Blue was a prettier color than black in my opinion. I just figured since it wouldn't be the same car, there'd be no point in getting an 03 blue V6 and acting like it was the same as my old Stang was. Ah, the ups and downs of vehicle relationships..it's enough to kill a guy. :D

Lynx331 said:
ANyone else have problems selling their first cars?

Nope. Still got her.
Of course I wouldn't really be dumb enough to ever try to unload her. So no problem for me, if that's what you're asking. :shrug:

227381_1_full.jpg

227381_37_full.jpg

ChrisYellowV6 said:
wasnt hard for me ot get rid of my 2001 mustang...oh wait....maybe thats because some 76 year @$$hole slammed into my drivers front quarter panel at 65 mph running a red light!!!! :mad:

:doh: Man, that sucks! I would have got out and :chair: :fuss: ..... :D Well, at least you got another Stang, so that's cool...if there's a cool part to the story. Old people shouldn't drive. :notnice:

when girls ride in my car I give them the run down. I tell them that not all Mustangs ride this crappy that I have spent money on it to ride rough and if I hear them complain once about my cornering they are walkin home

Do like I did.

Strip off all the mods, trade in the six for an eight. Less hassle that way.

Proceed to use the money from the aftermarket part sales to buy new mods for the GT. Many parts can be put back on to the new GT (mainly the suspension stuff) also.

--
SPAM:
By the way, the only piece I never did get to sell (yet) was a 3/8'' Phenolic Intake Spacer for a 99+ 3.8L. It's brand new, I never was able to install it (by the time I received it in the mail, I already had my GT purchased). I'd like $95 shipped, which was the original asking price, and the package was never opened either ...

PM me if anyone needs one of these, I guess it was dyno tested for about 6hp and 7tq.

Mean03V6 said:
:doh: Man, that sucks! I would have got out and :chair: :fuss: ..... :D Well, at least you got another Stang, so that's cool...if there's a cool part to the story. Old people shouldn't drive. :notnice:

well i couldnt really get out except with the help of the jaws of life.....died one time for about 2 minutes or so... they say. f'in buick.....f'in 76 yr old driver.....f'in stoplight mistiming, ugh f'in town!!!! lol. no f'in hospital. they saved my life. :D

i was going to trade my '98 V6 automatic for a '00 V6 5-speed, but im 16, my first car is a mustang (i dont care if its 'only a v6'), i wanna be like '66 coupe when i get older, i wanna have my first car, a mustang, to cruise in. i wouldnt be able to trade it in, it has too much sentimental value