I Want A 2007 Mustang Gt, What Should I Look Out For?

Hey guys! I'm a new member and am really interested in getting a Stang! I'm currently looking at a 2007 Mustang GT 5 speed Manual with 68,000 miles on her. dealer is asking 15000 and this is going to be my biggest car purchase (I'm 18) and im not very familiar with Mustangs and what kind of things I should look for before a purchase, are there any common issues and problems I should be aware of? also what steps should I do/take when looking at a Mustang? I really need all the information I can get haha, they are such beautiful cars but I really don't want to be blinded by the looks and end up with a mile long repair bill. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :)

• Sponsors (?)

If she's quiet and smooth, it probably should be fine. Most of the 05 bugs were worked out by 07. The car is pretty rough around the edges compared to an 11-14 but, it sounds good with exhaust mods, that's for sure....

I agree with what TT said. Just do the typical things you would do when buying a car...check its history, test drive it, look for anything unusual, etc.
09 is the last year of the S197.
That's incorrect. There was a "facelift" in 2010 and new engines in 2011, but the S197 platform runs from 2005 to 2014.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

$15k for an '07 in the US is pretty steep. Thats the mid/high end of the scale here in Ontario, Canada......and that's without considering the difference in exchange rate.

Unless you absolutely "must have" this car in particular, I'd shop around.

When buying a used car - do the usual car fax - really look at the car wisely - everything counts - and $15k is way to much - that car is $12k tops maybe $13k if its in great condition