Idle Fluctuation And Surging

T_tops

Sep 24, 2015
88 mustang lx 2.3l
Ok so found out I had too big of injectors 18lb/hr also thought they were causing my idle problem, loading up with fuel "rich". I ordered and installed new 15lb/hr and it made the problem worst, now car dies durring idol surging.
I have been fighting this battle for over a year and most everything is new.
New parts include
Map
TPS set at .93v
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Fuel pressure reg
Fuel injectors 15lb/hr grey
Coil
Module on distributer
IAC
Air temp sensor
Water temp sensor
Thermostat 195*
O2 sensor
Parts I have swaped and tried are
Ecu
Distributer
O2
Air temp sensor
I have checked and rechecked mechanical timing and also ignition timing-, both perfect.
Also checked for vacuum leaks by spraying carb clean around everything with no change.
The idol surging is worst now with the proper injectors installed then it ever has been.
I'm at a loss and will have to take it to a shop if I can not figure it out.
Thanks for all help in advance :)

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forums here at Stangnet! You will have a bit more luck posting this in the Foxbody tech section, I would also search through @jrichker 's posts as there is a wealth of tech as far as pulling codes and diagnosing issues similar to yours. Best of Luck!

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 159,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.