Idling Problem

• Sponsors (?)

Consider a hydro boost off a new edge mustang. Almost a bolt in. The other stuff that works on vacuum will work ok. Someone on here have any experience with that setup? Somebody around here is do'n 4.6 or a coyote motor. That will resolve your lack of vacuum with the brakes. Now, about your idle problem. Sometimes you need to go back to the begining. Find some install instructions for the intake or contact the manufacturer about vacuum problems. Don't be afraid of running the codes again. I think the system may have been crutched for a miss match component problem. Your getting closer, just don't add to the problems with aftermarket ' maybe if I try this ' stuff. Too much cam, not enough this or that. Look at it like you are building it from scratch. Make a check list, is throttle body to big or small. Is this compatible with that. Step back, have a beer or in my case coffie, and think it through. You bought your self a project, now go forth my friend and make us proud.
Or maybe I've just had too much coffee:thinking:

Went back, aagain, and reread the posts. Need to know; year, stick or auto, cats no cats, was it originally a v8 car, does it have same type of trans. Apparently there will be issues with conversions like mas air from speed density and auto converted to stick. 4 cyl converted to v8 and such. You said it has paperwork with it, that may give some insite.

Went back, aagain, and reread the posts. Need to know; year, stick or auto, cats no cats, was it originally a v8 car, does it have same type of trans. Apparently there will be issues with conversions like mas air from speed density and auto converted to stick. 4 cyl converted to v8 and such. You said it has paperwork with it, that may give some insite.
92. 5 speed. Has cats. Was a factory gt. Motor built by pan handle. It's a 331 stroker. Camfield heads. Trick flow intake manifold. 90 mm throttle body. BBK I Belive. Anderson power pipe running to a pro m 80 MAF and filter. BBK long tube headers running to 3 inch off road x pipe.then a cat back borla ex. It has a 373 spindle gear.

92. 5 speed. Has cats. Was a factory gt. Motor built by pan handle. It's a 331 stroker. Camfield heads. Trick flow intake manifold. 90 mm throttle body. BBK I Belive. Anderson power pipe running to a pro m 80 MAF and filter. BBK long tube headers running to 3 inch off road x pipe.then a cat back borla ex. It has a 373 spindle gear.
Never heard it called a spindel gear. When you get the vacuum line issues resoved I think a tune would be in order, but I am not experienced with that level of modifications.

This idling problem will be the death of me. It just don't make sense. It idles fine as long as the iac is unpluged. Doesn't smell rich or anything. Anyone have a ideal.

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 200,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

Update

I had a huge lower intake vaccum leak. New gasket, reset base idle and BOOM......FIXED
Put a 195 thermostat in and ready for winter.
Man, I just love it when a plan comes together, even better when it works, I'd like to thank all my fellow 'stange experts on here for helping this mustang owner achieve success because if he whould have relied on me he'd be really f'd up! :O_o:

You guys are great. Much love.got a video of a smooth idle. But having trouble posting it.

What's a safe temp to run a fox. With the added 195 termo. It's shows about 200. Is that good

I had something similar going on with my car, it idled a little rough but I just figured it was the cam but when I took the car out and stepped on the gas it ran great. My problem was cruising, light throttle and the engine would surge and buck a little, give it a little gas all was ok, try to cruise with your foot light on the throttle and the surging began any gear, any speed.
When I recently pulled the engine and intake manifold I found a 1/4" pipe on the underside of the intake that wasn't connected to anything ??? Not sure where it was supposed to go, everything was connected so I just plugged it and boy the engine responded right away and no bucking or surging. It idles and cruise's great.
So an intake leak, no matter where it is will definitely cause problems like the one you explain. Brake booster will definitely cause an issue.
Good luck