Idols High And Overheats And Fuel Pump Stays On

I have a 93 5.0 and sometime the car will idol just fine then then it will randomly idol at 2000-2200 rpm and then I have the matter of seconds to pull over before it over heats. When it does this it sounds like the car will almost be miss fireing and my fuel pump primes non stop

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like vacuum issues, fuel system issues and cooling system issues. Did you check your cooling fan to see if the blades are broken? thermostat? Check to see if your vacuum lines are cracked. Might wanna clean your MAF sensor. Sometimes that can cause idling issues.

Sounds like vacuum issues, fuel system issues and cooling system issues. Did you check your cooling fan to see if the blades are broken? thermostat? Check to see if your vacuum lines are cracked. Might wanna clean your MAF sensor. Sometimes that can cause idling issues.
Brand new maf, no vacuume leaks that I can find, and I have a new fuel pump and new regulator and I have about 50 psi to my shrader valve, working electric fan and aluminum radiator

When was the last time the thermostat was changed? Is there any air in the cooling system? Is the radiator cap good?
50lbs of base fuel pressure is too much. Disconnect and plug the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator and set the fuel pressure to 40lbs. Reconnect the vacuum line when finished.
Have you dumped the codes on the car yet? Are there any codes?

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 134,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.