I'm Back! Been Away for a few Years and.........

RED2001GT

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
I wanted to say hello again to everybody in here. I was inactive for the last 3 years due to a whole bunch of events that happened. My 2002 Mustang V6 was totaled in a bad accident in February of 2008 and since then I haven't been on here very much. I ended up replacing my daily driver Mustang V6 with a brand new 2008 Dodge Charger RT with R&T Track pack. I still own my other Mustang, the 2001 Mustang GT which I purchased brand new from the factory back in August 2001. It has just under 12,000 original miles on it right now and has been stored for the winter. I will put my GT back on the road in the late spring when the roads are clean and when the weather is better. I'm so glad that I still own my 2001 Mustang GT. I'm looking forward to driving it in the spring time.
I'm glad to be back and will be starting to participate more here in the forums. Feel free to tell me what I've missed in the last 3 years from not being around here.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome back Mr. Kotteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You've missed alot. I got married, new house, new baby.... uh.... got the flu one year.... got into a fight at a Rascal Flatts concert.... hmm... kids are doing good in school, got in trouble for making a weiner comment last week.... uhm....

:nice:

Welcome back Mr. Kotteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You've missed alot. I got married, new house, new baby.... uh.... got the flu one year.... got into a fight at a Rascal Flatts concert.... hmm... kids are doing good in school, got in trouble for making a weiner comment last week.... uhm....

:nice:

:lol: Awesome

Oh and welcome back!! :)

Welcome back to the site, so you have any plans for the Mustang or just going to keep her stock? Btw I cant wait to get a R/T Challenger or Charger when I get out of College.:D

I would love to start doing some mods to the Mustang. I would love to increase the horsepower and torque on my GT. I was doing some reading on rear ends. How much does it cost to upgrade the rear end so I can get more horsepower and torque? What mods would be reasonably priced that I can start off with in order to increase the horsepower and torque in my 2001 GT? And how much do you think that each of the mods would cost?
Where should I start? I would love to hear your detailed input on this topic.

BTW, the Dodge Charger and Challenger RT's are excellent vehicles. I own the 2008 Charger R/T with the R&T Package (which is the Road & Track Track Package). I special ordered my car from the factory and purchased it brand new and picked it up on March 22nd, 2008. Since I got the Charger, I drive my Charger all year round, but I split the driving miles with my GT. I drive the Charger much less in the summertime, so I can keep the miles low on it. I currently have 13,5xx original miles on my Charger and 11,8xx original miles on my 2001 Mustang GT.

I love the Charger R/T's power and torque. It's got 350 hp and 390 ft./lbs. of torque which is more than enough for a big 4 door muscle car. Driving the Charger is a BIG difference when compared to driving the Mustang GT. The Charger has much more power and more torque than my 2001 GT. It's very responsive and it's got a lot of power at the engine and at the rear wheels.

Right now, I'm in the process of buying the "Unlimited Miles" and "Unlimited Years" Extended Bumper to Bumper Warranty for my Charger thru Dodge/Chrysler.

I highly recommend the Charger. It's an excellent vehicle.

I would start with cai, catback and midpipe with a tune or tuner. Those will be the cheapest mods to start off with as far as HP and tq. Gears will definately give you a great sotp feeling for such a cheap mod. Then do some suspension work to tighten everything up on the ground.

I'm back again for the third time. I still own my 2001 Mustang GT. Going to try to put it back on the road within the next week. It's been sitting in my carport since last fall. I miss this place. I want to say hi to everybody here. I'm looking forward to coming back and being part of the gang again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user