I'm Having Hard Time Finding Oem Factory Rim For My 2001 Gt

RED2001GT

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
I own a 2001 GT that I purchased brand new that I've been driving very sparingly over the last 14 years. The car is "stock" and in mint condition with only 28,000 original miles on it. It's the same exact car that's in the picture in my avatar.
Last summer, I accidently scraped and shaved off a small piece of the metal lip on the front left wheel against a sidewalk while I was at a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru when I accelerated forward. I didn't know that my wheel was so close to the cement concrete sidewalk along the drive-thru and when I accelerated, the rim got caught and rubbed up against the concrete cement sidewalk and shaved off 1" to 2' inches of metal from the lip of the rim and it also put a small cut/gouge on the sidewall of my tire.
The rim is still good, but the edge of the lip is shaved off about 1" to 2" inches and it's a noticeable eyesore when I look at it. I just cannot bear to see the rim looking like when the rest of the car is in showroom mint condition. I want to replace the rim with another brand new rim. I looked on EBay, but I'm having a hard time finding an OEM stock 2001 Ford GT Bullet style rim for my car. I want to buy the same exact rim just like the ones that's currently on my car right now.
I live in Southeastern Massachusetts. Does anybody know of any place which sells brand new OEM rims for the 2001 Mustang GT and how much it will cost to replace it? I don't mind buying one from a forum member here either if the rim is in brand new unmolested condition. Please help me out if you can.
Thank You

• Sponsors (?)

I would look into a rim repair company, that route might be the cheapest and easiest option. Even severe cracking can be "cut and welded" then repainted to look brand new. I would give that a try

I would look into a rim repair company, that route might be the cheapest and easiest option. Even severe cracking can be "cut and welded" then repainted to look brand new. I would give that a try

How much do you think that it would cost to repair the lip of the rim where it's shaved off? On EBay, I found a seller who "claims" that he sells "remanufactured" 2001-2006 Mustang GT rims for $118.75 Plus $25 Shipping. What do you think?

.Ford Mustang GT 17" 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 Factory Rim Wheel 3448 | eBay

I'm not familiar with any rim repair companies up here in my area in Southern Massachusetts or in Northern Rhode Island.

That would defiantly be a better option. Rim repair is not cheap, usually ranges $150-300 depending on the severity. Best option to find one would be google maps search "wheel repair"