Im new and i have some questions.

salukigraves85

May 12, 2004
Hi everyone, I have been reading the forums for about a week and decided i should join up. I also have some questions about some mods. My stang is a Green 97 Auto 232. Just about graduation time so i will be getting some money and i want to put a new exhaust on my stang. My friend has some an extra stock duel set from his old 96 gt stang that i can have. Should i just buy some flowmaster 40's and weld them into place of the stock ones? I plan to get the pace setter converter kit unless you guys know an easier way. I would also like to burn out or gut out the cats. What do you guys think about this? I live in IL so i dont have any tests, but what will it do for my engine? Ive been driving for awhile with bad o2 sensors but i replaced 2 after the cats, but it still says some are bad, do i have 2 before the cats, I can't really tell. One last question, If i gut the cats what can i do to "Trick" the engine into thinking its running correctly. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i'd personally jst go with the GT Takeoff's. If you get those for free, theres no problem there! you can just buy yourself an off road H pipe or X pipe, doing that you will remove your cats and give you a place to screw in your o2 sensors. i think my friend still has an off road h pipe that will fit you car if you want me to check into it

no, they won't. you can find x or H pipes, that connect to your cats, fairly easily. the off road is the pipe thats somewhat hard to find. i have my x custom welded, and i'm trying to find someone who can turn it into an off road pipe...the place that built the pipe has a sign hanging up "don't ask us to remove your cats, we won't ask you to pay the $2500 fine."