Injectors spraying fuel on my Grand Cherokee after Intake Gasket Install

TheUser

Jul 25, 2003
Springfield, MO
This is on my 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L. I just replaced intake gaskets and when I put the injectors back, I didn't replace the o-rings...figured i'd be ok. I ended up beating the injectors in the intake w/ a rubber mallot because they were hard to get in and out..forgot to coat rings w/ vaseline or other lube by the way. Either way, there are clips that help secure the fuel rails to the injectors and they're a PITA to get on, so I got 6 of 'em on. Problem is...tried to start the Jeep and it was hesitant and then i gave it gas and it started, but was shooting fuel from the #7 injector like you put your finger over the end of a hose or something and all the others are leaking. Does this sound like bad injector o-rings? I beat them all the way down, so they should be secure. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

TheUser said:
This is on my 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L. I just replaced intake gaskets and when I put the injectors back, I didn't replace the o-rings...figured i'd be ok. I ended up beating the injectors in the intake w/ a rubber mallot because they were hard to get in and out..forgot to coat rings w/ vaseline or other lube by the way. Either way, there are clips that help secure the fuel rails to the injectors and they're a PITA to get on, so I got 6 of 'em on. Problem is...tried to start the Jeep and it was hesitant and then i gave it gas and it started, but was shooting fuel from the #7 injector like you put your finger over the end of a hose or something and all the others are leaking. Does this sound like bad injector o-rings? I beat them all the way down, so they should be secure. Thanks for any help.

You should not beat on injectors, they are delicate. If they are leaking the o rings are bad or you cracked them when you were beating on them. They should just slide in with minimal force even without lube however you should coat the o rings with white lithium grease before installation.