Installed Gibson Exhaust Today!

Feb 23, 2015
So my friends and I just got done installing the Gibson exhaust, and it sounds AWESOME! We all looked at each other and grinned! Sounds like a beast. I'll have a YouTube video up eventually, but like I have read, videos still don't do it justice. It sounds so damn good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So my friends and I just got done installing the Gibson exhaust, and it sounds AWESOME! We all looked at each other and grinned! Sounds like a beast. I'll have a YouTube video up eventually, but like I have read, videos still don't do it justice. It sounds so damn good!
Did you go with cat-back, or something else? X or H pipe? Just curious. Looking forward to hearing a sound clip!

The exhaust has nothing to do with detonation, timing, fueling, etc....no change to the tuning is required with a cat-back as it doesn't really effect scavenging and you still have the cat's in the system.

Once you go to true headers w/o cats and ditch the tri-y headers, then you can modify the tune with parameters that would otherwise kill the cat's.

So if I got a full length exhaust, headers, xpipe, and axle back, I would need a tune to prevent detonation?
Detonation has nothing to do with the exhaust system, you will however need a tune if you put long tube headers on the car. Axle Back, Cat Back and X pipe will not require a tune.