Installing The Air Filter & Maf On A 95 5.0 With The Vortech

gnx547

Sep 26, 2006
On my 95 5.0, I'm ready to install the MAF and the air filter on the vortech. I do have the anderson powerpipe and wondering how much of a pain is it to install? The hole where the pipe will go through is small and there is a wire loom and vacuum connectors, how do I go about re-routing these lines? Does the fender need to come off? What tool do I use to enlarge the hole?

Just to make it simple and easy, I was thinking just using the the air ducting and having the filter connected to the front but I don't have that part. Besides Vortech, where can I buy the regular plastic pipe to connect the MAF and air filter in front of the charger? For those who have the vortech, what is your set up for the air filter and MAF? Can you post some pics? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You just have to make the hole in the fender bigger so it can accommodate the AFM power pipe. I'd cut some vacuum hose with a razor blade then install around the hole you cut. This will make the hole look better and not scratch up the AFM pipe.

As for your MAF connector, it will reach to the MAF area located in your fender. May want to take the passenger wheel off and remove the dust cover so you have room to work. The air filter should just bolt onto the front of the MAF.

I only have this picture. I also used the AFM pipe.

MustangSupercharged.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Very much so. My original set up was the MAF and filter in the engine bay right under the supercharger housing. Getting it away from the hot engine and inside the fender provided more boost.
I'm running the v3 6-8lb kit using the t-rex, fmu, and 19#ers. Do you think I'd be ok w a pound or 2(whatever the pipe would add) w my setup? I have a tune appointment in sept.

FMU and 19's is pretty risky. I don't know your exact set up but I ran 42 lb injectors in the pictures above just to be safe (I needed to go even larger really).

Put the power pipe in but no full throttle runs until your appointment.