Electrical Instrument Panel Lights Not Working Kinda...

guy from yuma

Nov 16, 2015
I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue but last night I installed new headlights, then tonight when I needed to head to the store I notice that when you pull the knob for the lights the instrument lights don't turn on (no back light) but headlights work fine. when before the install they turned on like they're supposed to just fine. After some experimenting I noticed that If you pull the knob in between the 2nd and 3rd position you can get the headlights on and the instrument lights on but only in a very specific spot. Its really annoying and I'm wonder what I can do to fix the issue.

• Sponsors (?)

There are videos on YouTube of how to take apart your dash and get to the back of the gauges and replace the little light bulbs that are back there. Cheap and easy. Just don't touch the light bulbs with hands use gloves so they last longer

I would check for a fuse. There's a little 5 amp fuse that controls your dash lights and it may be blown. Cheap fix if that's the problem. Its worth a shot. I put an aftermarket CD player in my mustang and it blew that fuse and caused all of my instrument cluster lights to stop working.

wp_ss_20151224_0002.png