Interior Door Panel Falling Apart?

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Sea of Tranquility
My dad had an issue with the material adhesive on the door panel of his '07 GT500 breaking down and falling. We took it to an upholsterer and after a little brainstorming came up with this.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

It's a bead for custom seats. There is a tab to insert the bead into the groove where the cloth piece tucks in. Came out pretty clean. I heard this was a big problem on Ford cars with the cloth type insert on the door so it may work for other cars as well.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Both sides completely delaminated and fell down across the armrests on mine last year. Replacement covering (appears OEM) installed by auto upholstery shop for $225 as I recall.

Failed instrument cluster repaired at about the same time and I've decided to tackle the parasitic electrical drain issue. 16k miles on car at the moment.

I used 3M headliner adhesive. Taped off the door to prevent overspray and covered both sides (door and insert). Let it dry to a tacky consistency and pressed it back on. Used a screwdriver and small flat plybar to push it into the crease. Worked like a charm and only $20 from your local auto part dealer for a giant can of adhesive.