Intermittent Cel, Then Goes Away, Help

2007todd

Oct 29, 2013
I have a 2007 gt. Runs great, all stock motor, no cai. Running down the highway at speed, cel starts to blink, runs rough, then goes away. has done this twice. i put a scanner on and there is no codes. i have done a search but have not found any close to this. the cel will blink about 10 times and then nothing. i hope someone may point me in the right direction?

• Sponsors (?)

car has 88,000 miles, just changed the plugs about a month ago. right before that, had misfire cylinder 7. replaced coil pack and reset code. code came back, thats when i changed the plugs. has been running great, no codes have come back, and now is the intermittent problem with cel the last 2 weeks.

The CEL, especially the flashing, could mean something is going on with the catalytic converters. At the very least, there is something a miss with the Air/Fuel ratio.

I would start with the "easy" stuff first. Take the air-box apart and look at the MAF sensor bars. They might be dirty, and if they are you can clean them just be careful as they can be brittle.

You could also look into doing a fuel filter, if it has never been done before.

It might also be worth your time to pull the spark plugs to see if anything looks off/suspicious.