introduction of 05 stang influence value of classics?

• Sponsors (?)

I think it will, especially for FBs...not that they're not already popular and expensive. I think it largely depends upon their popularity though...the retro thing hasn't done much for other cars, but I feel the stang definately looks alot better than the thunderbirds and PT cruisers *yuck* If the 05 is a good performer and really becomes popular, then I think all older mustangs will benefit from it. With the big introduction of bodystyle from ford and the removal of chevy's competitor...I think a lot more people will be buyin stangs.

Max Power said:
Prices on everything are going up.

There was a nice article on this topic in the July issue of Hot Rod...

I assume some people will want to go out and get an older Mustang once they have the '05+, but that's only a few of them. The prices of older cars are always going to go up. They're desirable, some of them disappear everyday thanks to accidents and crush yards, and they don't look like everything else on the road.

Anything with any sort of muscle car pedigree has rocketed up in the last 12 months. Apparantly there is some disposable income out there. The market for Mustangs and musclecars is now an age dempgraphic that has a lot of money to burn, and that drives prices up for the average joe like me. I can't compete with 45-55 year old dentists and lawyers.

Pakrat said:
I don't know what to attribute it too, but something is already making prices going up. I usually like to check on the market for my particular car at least twice a year, and since January the average sell price has jumped about 3k while the high end has jumped 5k. Normally they only jump maybe 1 or 2k or so a year. :shrug:

Prices seem to increase more dramatically during "anniversary" years. 35th, 40th, etc. At least this is my theory. I recal the prices going up a bit in 1999 as well.

tylers65 said:
Prices seem to increase more dramatically during "anniversary" years. 35th, 40th, etc. At least this is my theory. I recal the prices going up a bit in 1999 as well.
good point...99 was also a fresh re-style of the SN-95 and the economy was moving like nothing else. most experts say we could be on a virge of another boom. encouraging.