Is the assembly line backed up?

• Sponsors (?)

The Mustang line went on a quality hold (not sure exactly when) for poor fitting passenger side airbag covers. I ordered mine Apr 2nd, it was built May 5th, and as far as I know, she still hasn't shipped. :(

Your order also spans the annual summertime shutdown period. GM and Chrysler took theirs a bit early due to the bankruptcy declarations. Ford will be idle around the Independence Day timeframe for about two weeks.

This is something i've noticed about for vs GM. GM has a new product come and bam it's out dealers have all kinds i see the new models on the streets they are everywhere, weather it was the malibu, the new silverados, camaro's, hell even vetts. Ford comes out w/ a new model and the just trickle out. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this, does GM stockpile a bunch before a launch to make a splash where for just ships them as the build them? I have yet to see a 2010 stang in person. :SNSign:

I'm not sure how GM does it but it's not like they're coming out late. getting a 2010 MY in July 2009 is pretty early IMO, the next model year cars use to come out like in August and September, and if anyone remembers the 05 model didn't start hitting dealership lots until end of October in 2004. I hadn't seen any 2010 in person where I live until this past week I've now seen 3, a GT and 2 v6's.

Maybe because Ford didnt have $20 billion in govt handouts given to them?

I have seen 2 camaros on the road here......and several stangs.

My Ford dealer told me that they are not getting a full stock of mustangs...just 2-3 at a time and they get more as they sell. The only exception is if someone comes in and orders one.

Maybe Ford is doing it right by not having a HUGE stock that they may not be able to move.

Just ordered mine today. They tried to "find one" from up to 600 miles away, but could not to my specifications. Kind of glad, since mine will have fixed the airbag cover issue off the assembly line.

P.S. I wish I could just shut down for two weeks in the summer.

RNAIL, I believe Ford has ALWAYS done that.

I was hoping that mine would be done by this week so it could get on a rail car, but I dont know how that works.

If you ordered this week....you delivery date is probably not until.....late August?

New GT was in final assembly/QC yesterday. Hopefully it wont take long! I have my fingers crossed that it will be released to the shipper before Ford takes their two week vacation starting next week!

This is something i've noticed about for vs GM. GM has a new product come and bam it's out dealers have all kinds i see the new models on the streets they are everywhere, weather it was the malibu, the new silverados, camaro's, hell even vetts. Ford comes out w/ a new model and the just trickle out. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this, does GM stockpile a bunch before a launch to make a splash where for just ships them as the build them? I have yet to see a 2010 stang in person. :SNSign:

I have seen just the opposite. It's hard to find the new Camaros at the dealers around here, but there are plenty of 2010 Mustangs to be seen. A dealer in NH has about 8 of them on the lot. And they actually let you drive them. Imagine that !

I suspect its more of a timing issue in this case. IIRC there were pictures floating around over a month ago of a lot full of Camaros waiting to be released for shipment. I don't see any difference other than the Camaro just went into production sooner than the 2010 Mustang. Look at it this way, the Camaro guys have been waiting, what, eight years for a new model. You should feel lucky that you are only waiting a few weeks. :D