Is the mechanic gunna screw me?

exindust

May 8, 2004
Moorpark, CA
I went into a muffler shop today browsing around town and preparing myself for the true dual exhaust system i want in my 3.8. I asked him some questions... tell me if this sounds right? From what ive heard about H-pipes X-Pipes and whatnot this mechanic sounded wrong to me.

Q: Why does it void the warranty?
A: Because ill be cutting your cats off.

Q: Are you going to put my Cats Back?
A: No

Q: Where are you going to cut it to make this True Dual System?
A: Behind the cats and im going to put in a special S tube that will create the 2 sperated true dual system.

Q: Isnt that S tube supposed to be a H-Pipe?

Q: What about the Emissions?
A: I wont be touching anything that has to do with O2 control therefore nothing is going to change as far as emissions go

Q: Whats the Rust factor?
A: Same as any other exhaust unless you want to spend an extra $1000 for me to install a stainless steel system.

Q: How again to you Acheive the true dual system?
A: I cut behind your Cats and weld two seperate 2.25 pipes up to your engine.

Q: How much?
A: around $500

How does this guy sound? Ill still prolly shop around more but i trust you guys for imput more than some rude dude in a purple muffler shop called Magic Muffler.

Would i be better off buying the Flowmasters online from somewhere and having a mechanic install it all? If so please link me.

Standard 40 Series mufflers or Delta? Which is better?

Just dont wanna get :owned: .

• Sponsors (?)

exindust said:
I went into a muffler shop today browsing around town and preparing myself for the true dual exhaust system i want in my 3.8. I asked him some questions... tell me if this sounds right? From what ive heard about H-pipes X-Pipes and whatnot this mechanic sounded wrong to me.

Q: Why does it void the warranty?
A: Because ill be cutting your cats off.

Q: Are you going to put my Cats Back?

Q: Where are you going to cut it to make this True Dual System?
A: Behind the cats and im going to put in a special S tube that will create the 2 sperated true dual system.

Q: Isnt that S tube supposed to be a H-Pipe?

Q: What about the Emissions?
A: I wont be touching anything that has to do with O2 control therefore nothing is going to change as far as emissions go

Q: Whats the Rust factor?
A: Same as any other exhaust unless you want to spend an extra $1000 for me to install a stainless steel system.

Q: How again to you Acheive the true dual system?
A: I cut behind your Cats and weld two seperate 2.25 pipes up to your engine.

Q: How much?
A: around $500

How does this guy sound? Ill still prolly shop around more but i trust you guys for imput more than some rude dude in a purple muffler shop called Magic Muffler.

Would i be better off buying the Flowmasters online from somewhere and having a mechanic install it all? If so please link me.

Standard 40 Series mufflers or Delta? Which is better?

Just dont wanna get :owned: .

You need to go somewhere else especially since he thinks that taking off your cats won't affect emissions. Oh and a S pipe WTF is that?????? :bs: