Its Time To Add Booooost (the Bike Has Sold)

15GTrob

5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
Okay I'm going to need knowledge dumps from everyone that knows about superchargers. I want a centrifugal blower because I don't want to loose my strut tower brace. I'm very much leaning towards pro charger. I have 7K to spend. If I can spend less that would be ideal since I could then buy some supporting mods. I'm open ears. I'm looking at the ProCharger stage 2 complete kit. I think i'll be satisfied with the gains from that for now. If I want more I'm guessing I can add bigger injectors, BAP, and custom tuning. @84Ttop does Vortech offer a complete kit?

EDIT: I ORDERED A BLOWER!!!! I Talked with Terry at Team Beefcake Racing and he set me up with a good deal on a Paxton Novi2200SL and it will be getting remote tuned by John Lund!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

So far i've been looking at American Muscle, Team Beefcake Racing, and Evolution Peformance. I'm leaning towards Beefcake. They have a pretty good bang for the buck. Spoke with Terry (Beefcake) today seems like a cool guy. I thought it was pretty awesome that the owner was taking a sales call! I spoke with Fred at Evolution Performance and their kit is VERY nice but it is a little expensive due to the quality parts. I'm looking to be under 7K shipped and they were around 8200. American muscle is only offering the basic pro charger kit so they might be out. I would really like to have id1000 injectors, red race bypass valve (open), the stage 2 intercooler, Ngauge tuner, and possibly upgrade head unit to a D1. Like I said my goal with the car is 650 wheel I'm not really sure what components will get me there I would preffer to not be pushing any particular part to its absolute limit.

Just a question, why procharger over vortech?

Terry is awesome people fwiw

In my own case, Vortech JT trim ID1000's and a boost a pump were all it took to make 646 rwhp through the automatic. I will be making other upgrades this winter and increasing the boost so only time will tell where it goes.
Personally I like Vortech for a few reasons, they are more efficient, create less heat and have a far better fitment as compared to procharger. Longevity in Vortech over Prochager is also a factor as I just had D1 come apart on a customers car at only 3200 miles. In the hundreds of Vortech installs I've done, 2 failures come to mind and they were both oil related issues (lack of maintenance)

I honestly don't know much about Vortech. Their website doesn't even list a kit for the s550 yet. I do see that beefcake offers a kit. From my reading I see that the pro charger is 100% reversible and the head is self-contained. I'm not sure if the Vortech kit is 100% reversible. I also really don't want to tap into my oil system. Vortech says self-lubricating but does that mean the unit itself is the oil reservoir? I think going with Vortech would actually save me some money. I also noticed the install time is longer on the Vortech. I do not want to do any cutting or grinding on the car. I don't even own tools that do that. :(
Edit: I think procharger has a larger intercooler.

@84Ttop how much of a difference have you noticed in the seat of the pants with your Vortech? Is 650 wheel worth 7600 bucks? It's a lot of coin to drop and I'm worried that it's not going to be like whoa holy crap power. I'm talking like Paul Walker's first race in TF&TF DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!! While my diamond plate floor pan falls recklessly off my car kind of power. I want to have the need to see a chiropractor after hitting full boost because I just realigned a couple vertebrae.

Be careful with fast and furious references in these parts.

Coyotes can beat the pants off most the cars used in those movies. It's fiction so they can throw around whatever numbers they like about performance and hp.

If you want danger to manifold, put on a jlt Cai without a tune. Blow your car up, Paul Walker style.

On a more serious note, remember past 650 rwhp, you may need to set money aside for an oil pump. 700 rwhp is commonly rumored to be the limits of the stock coyote engine. 650 is pretty awesome if you can have it without going inside the engine.

Seat of the pants feel is in the realm of ridiculous with either the Procharger or Vortech, I've driven both cars at this point. The Vortech head unit is self lubricated similar to Procharger, while engine oil fed models are available (that's what I have) they are not typical for this type of installation. The install time is longer with the Vortech as the design is more intricate but much better fitment in my opinion. Terry actually runs a Vortech on his car fwiw but is a dealer for both company. The biggest difference comes down to Marketing, Procharger is great at that... Vortech has told me time and time again that they are an engineering company, not a marketing company and won't compete in a marketing war. At the end of the day I feel like Vortech offers a better product and the price from one kit to another is similar. As far as intercoolers go, the Vortech intercooler will support 1,000 hp so there should be no concern for that. My ambient vs IAT usually has a 6 to 7 degree spread in 90 degree heat which lends itself to the efficiency of both the blower and cooler.

@84Ttop =) great info thank you!. I spoke with Terry in more detail today. He was able to cut me the best deal on a Novi2200 with ID1000 injectors, Vortech Bap, Vortech Maxflow Bypass Valve, Nguage, and remote tune. Just ordered it!

@84Ttop =) great info thank you!. I spoke with Terry in more detail today. He was able to cut me the best deal on a Novi2200 with ID1000 injectors, Vortech Bap, Vortech Maxflow Bypass Valve, Nguage, and remote tune. Just ordered it!
good deal and great news! Paxton and Vortech are under the same roof so the quality is identical. Your 2200 will be very comparable to my JT trim vortech and will make for an awesome ride!!!

Reactions: 1 user
When are you planning the install. I am torn as well on which way to go. I will wait to hear your thoughts on the install as well as the results. Are you doing a baseline dyno then after install dyno to see what gains you get?

Reactions: 1 user
I have taken time off from work the last / first week of Nov / Dec. I just received my ID1000 injectors. Unfortunately I hit a deer on 11/10/15 and the car will be in the shop as of Monday getting repaired. Hopefully its out before then, and hopefully the rest of my supercharger arrives.

I received my nGAUGE yesterday. The rest of the bits you know like THE SUPERCHARGER, INTERCOOLER, PIPING, AND BRACKETS, should be here by the end of the week!!!!!! WOOOOOO!