Jegs Blueprint Engines?

Scrasauge

Sep 24, 2003
Reserve, La
Has anyone bought the roller motor 302 from jegs? thinking about getting it for my car instead of rebuilding mine, just wondering for the 1800 if its actually a good deal or not. Also since my current engine is a 302 out of a 74 maverick ( maybe ) if i can reuse the timing chain cover and the oil pan for it? I see so many different oil pan gaskets that i dont know which one i would need to go with it.

• Sponsors (?)

What are you ultimate goals with the car? If you are looking for a totally stock replacement then the method you described isn't a bad idea. If you are looking for anything performance oriented then I would steer you away from the blueprint engines.

I'm just looking for something stock and maybe later adding bslightly bigger cam and change the heads eventually! But not looking to make over 300! I just want it to sound good and also be a good cruiser

Blueprint Engines#138-BPF30216C

Ford 5.0L HO Long Block

image.jpg

I was reading on another site that with this newer style engine I won't be able to use my existing timing chain cover that I have on my older engine! Is this true? Do I need to get a newer style or can I still use it