Just Bought My First 'stang!

Stang PI

Sep 9, 2016
Phoenix
I've always been a Mustang fan, but at 56 I finally bought my first one. It's a '70 coupe that came from the factory with an L6 and, I think, an A/T.

Currently it's a semi rolling shell. No engine, trans, doors, hood, gas tank or rear seat. Actually, the interior is pretty much gone except the front seats. The driver's side has only springs to sit on. On the bright side the body is straight and smooth, and someone put in a 9" rear diff and new leafs. I'd rather go with coils, but this is my first project.

I'm also buying an '03 CV PI as a donor car. I'm hoping to get the Mustang running and driving mostly with the Crown Vic parts. This is my first project, so we'll see how this goes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all have done to guide me in this project.

Thanks,
Larry

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet Larry.

You've got some work ahead of you! That's cool though, some things are worth doing. The '69-'70 mustang is my favorite of the classic mustangs.

What're you thinking of doing with it? The modular engine ought to be interesting though.

Will you try to give it a Mach 1 appearance, or maybe a Boss 302? Being a coupe, it'll be interesting to see what you have in mind.

Post some pictures, we all love pictures here. Plus it's a good way to document your build.

A really good thing for you is that there are aftermarket parts for about everything on the classics.

Like @skyline247 mentioned, you should go to our '64-'73 subforum. Snoop around there to see what they are up to with their mustangs. I think you should start a thread there with what you're intending, people love stuff like this. You'll have plenty of people that can offer advice and to just encourage you along your way.

Good to have you with us Larry. If you need help when it comes time for body and paint, tag me (add an @ sign before my forum name). This will send me a notification and I can reply to you. I've been painting cars since the late seventies.

Reactions: 1 user