Just came back from track.

blackstanger95

Aug 9, 2004
:nonono: Im very dissapointed with the times. My best was a 10.0 in the 1/8.Had TC off and O/D off and revving to about 1400rpm.I had no problems taking off, I wasnt spinning just a little chirp and thats it. No matter how I run still same results. On one run I had TC on O/D on,took off at idle and still same.:shrug: I knew it was going to be slow but I didnt think it would be that slow. Maybe I should just keep modifying my 5.0 and leave this car alone.What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't feel bad I have been there before. When my 2002 mustang gt was stock with only k&n FIPK 2 and my first time at the track was 16.2 1/4 :(

Now I did 13.5 1/4 but still not happy. Can't wait to have my cams done then I will have new ET.

don't sweat it, your car has a lot of untapped potential, just keep turning the wrench, and mod it when you get the chance. Ask for tips at the track about launching, and definitely consider a handhelp tuner. You'd be amazed at how much better you do with some new shift points, etc....

My friend 2002 Gt auto ran a 9.23 with 4.10 gears,exhaust and cold air kit:nice: .I think thats pretty quick.The first thing Im doing though is to lower the car,I hate the 4x4 stance. Which springs do you recommend?

I ran 9.7xx in the eighth with just a K&N filter, and mine is an 04 GT vert with auto trans. We were on a 1/4 mile strip and my best 1/4 was 15.008 I think a lot of it has to do with track prep and weather. The night we ran it was in the 80s and the humidity was horrible (I had swamp ass big time :notnice: ) I can notice a huge seat of the pants difference with the mods I've added in my sig. And with the addition of the 4.10s I'm hoping to break the 13 sec barrier and just skip the 14s all together:D . There was a 97 saleen vert 5spd there with a stage 2 head swap and drag radials that was only running 13.7xx and an 02 that was decked out with bolt on's and he was only running 13.8xx with gears and drag radials (5-spd). It was a blast though, and even running the times I mentioned I still beat some guys that had faster cars but couldn't drive the stick!!! Driver ability is huge when it comes to 1/4 mile times, especially with the manual cars!!!

I wonder if something is wrong with the car?It only has 25000 miles.It feels strong on the street but I dont know.To me it should ran faster. But it was real hot last night though,bout 92 degrees and like 35%humidity.Im defetnally putiing gears ,feels like its not shifting fast enough.

It depends on the altitude and DA in some cases! My car ran 15.64 consecutively bone stock! Now it runs 12.80's to 13.0's all day long and it doesn't have head work , cams or internals! A PI stall converter dropped me .7 tenths of a sec, 4.10's another .5-7 tenths, dr's took 60ft down from 2.2 to 1.7's! Thats where the real trick is the 60 ft's! Car now runs 8.2 @ 83 in the 1/8 and 12.90's at 104! With VT stage II cams and a 100 shot It should rock the low 11's!

"ED"

blackstanger95 said:
:nonono: Im very dissapointed with the times. My best was a 10.0 in the 1/8.Had TC off and O/D off and revving to about 1400rpm.I had no problems taking off, I wasnt spinning just a little chirp and thats it. No matter how I run still same results. On one run I had TC on O/D on,took off at idle and still same.:shrug: I knew it was going to be slow but I didnt think it would be that slow. Maybe I should just keep modifying my 5.0 and leave this car alone.What do you guys think?
If the air temperature and humidity levels in your area have been anything like they have here in the last couple of weeks, I'm sure yours wasn't the only slow car at the track yesterday.

Weather can play a BIG roll in how your car performs. Don't sweat it (no pun intended ;) )

Gearbanger 101 said:
If the air temperature and humidity levels in your area have been anything like they have here in the last couple of weeks, I'm sure yours wasn't the only slow car at the track yesterday.

Weather can play a BIG roll in how your car performs. Don't sweat it (no pun intended ;) )

i agree with gearbanger weather has alot of effect on how the car performs at the trackand the way the weather has been lately :notnice: ........ but a few more mods and just getting more practice at the track can get you better times

Lowering springs are not going to help you at the track as they take away from your weight transfer. It will be good to dump the 4x4 look! The big question is how low do you want to go? Cheap = FRPP C springs, low and tight = H&R....stay away from the Eibachs yuck
Bottom line Gears and a tuner will make the biggest impact. Most street cars are going to "feel slow" at the track, I know I was really disappointed with how mine felt the first couple of passes.

I have the eibachs pro-kit springs on the five-oh and never had problems:shrug: ,but with the 03 coupe Im going with the sportlines. I do want to go low. I love how stangs look lowered. But i've been hearing bad things about sportlines, I might try the H&R this time:D do H&R have a 2inch drop or the like?