just installed my spintech duals

FunkMasterFlex

Sep 18, 2003
MD
hey i just installed my spintech dual side exit kit(attacthed to the y-pipe) last week at my friends dads shop. all i can say is wow. this kit has givin me exactly what i was lookin for in an exhaust system,the side pipes look great(got the cobra r tips which do cost $80 more, i didnt no that before i ordered it, just in case n e one is wondering), the start and idle r amazing and it sounds great thoughout the whole rpm range. i will definitly post pics/soundclips/videos as soon as i can get ahold of my friends camera but for now this is what i have to say. the system is loud, starting the car now has a nice deep growl and the idle is throaty and deep but not deafening. cruising around 2k rpms is my favorite i get a loud deep rumble kind of sound that is great. from 3k up it is just a deep loud constant roar and when i hit redline i forget that its just a 6 doin all that. the install was not hard at all the pipes fit great and are color coded for left and right and the kit comes with all the new hangers and exhaust clamps u need. i just clamped all the pipes and didnt do n e welding because thats what my friends dad suggested(he is and ase certified tech and owns the service shop). again ill try to post pics and videos as soon as i can but i just wanted to say wow i love this kit it is exactly what i was looking for.

• Sponsors (?)

i ordered them from gtr high performance. i called them at 1 888 HIPOGTR cause i saw one of their ads in 5.0 and their site didnt list the kit. the kit was about $60 cheaper then ordering straight from spintech and gtr orders the kits built to order right from the spintech factory. great customer service and the kit came right on time.

the kit was $425 from gtr(i believe 460 from spintech) plus 80 for the cobra r tips then like 40 shipping so the total was $545. the kit is designed to work w/ the stock sideskirts just like the cobra r.my tips sag a little but im gonna go back later to use the lift and fix em but this leads me to beleive that they mey work on a body kit w/ lower side skirts(i dont suggest it tho as i have hit them on speed bumps). just for an update i have had 2 people w/ v6 stangs wonder where i got the kit and comment on how cheap/how great it sounded, one kid even told me after he heard the kit he went on line lookin for stangs. and i passed my friend today and he described it as a plane taking off next to him and his civic shook lol i love it its sick. ill try to get videos soon for u guys

Thanks for the information :nice:

I have been wanting to really know what the SpinTechs may sound like. So you say it is loud on all RPMs? Not just between 1500 to 2000 right??

Time to dump my slomasters for SpinTech mufflers...woohoo :banana:

03silverstang said:
were they hard to install? did u take it to a garage?
the install was actually pretty easy everything fit nicely and it comes with all hardware, exhaust clamps, hangers etc i did not need to get one part outside of what came with the kit. my friends dad owns an exxon station/service shop so he let me take my car in and use his lifts and air tools to put it on. he also checked it out when i was done and gave me the ok that it was good.

rvlyssup said:
Thanks for the information

I have been wanting to really know what the SpinTechs may sound like. So you say it is loud on all RPMs? Not just between 1500 to 2000 right??

Time to dump my slomasters for SpinTech mufflers...woohoo
yes they r pretty loud all around. id say nearing 2000 and holding it there u get a great deep rumble and past that its just a constant roar that just gets louder and louder as your near redline. i will say that if u have it arouns 2 1/2 and gun it you wont get much til about 3 but im not gonna complain about that. i love the sound its prefect for what i was lookin for.

-Xavier- said:
What kind of mufflers are they? Just general SpinTech mufflers? Size and all that good stuff too, please.
they didnt give me a choice of mufflers but i beleive they only have one type of front exit ones for the side kits(the y pipe goes in the same end as the tail pipes exit on the mufflers) the kit i believe has 2.25in piping all the way through.

also on a side note i am not sure what the straight back muffflers sound like mine are the only spintechs i have heard, my guess is that they would be louder and give more performance, they also have 3 different mufflers to choose from for a straight back set up.

lol, my story for my MAC dual catback exhaust (standard exit) it very similar
except MY father is an ASE Certified Truck Technician and ASE Certified Car Technician, we did it in our garage with like 4 jacks and 4 safeties, lol
my friend who owns an 87' LX (4cyl) mustang at the time was looking for a nice V8 camaro, then he heard mine and is looking for a GT or V6 94-98 mustang.
now lets get a sound clip or something? preferably like a movie clip oir something, get different sounds from the back and sides (i was wondering if the sound from behind wouldnt be as good... considering it wont be as loud...)

MY CDC side exhaust kit was installed by me, including the side skirts. This is one of the most straight forward type of installs anyone can do in their own garage provided you have some jacks and stands.

Both these kits sound really nice, and I too jump on the gas when cruising next to Civics just to see the driver's face as I blast him with a wall of sound. :nice:

Now, you can think about pulling your cats out/gutting them and putting a nice flame thrower kit on there! Hehe!

ghostalker-haha sry man im tryin to get ahold of my friend(or n e one for that matter) who has a digital video camera i can use to get some clips up. its hard to get ahold of him since we both have jobs but he works almost full time.

marvinmycat-heh i dont think the cats r goin n e where my neighbors hate me because of the kit as it is.

spector v-u talkin about the standard set up spintechs? i dunno but my kit is loud enough to fool n e one who isnt an expert. and ive heard same year v6s w/ dual flowmasters y-piped and they didnt seem as aggressive

FunkMasterFlex said:
i ordered them from gtr high performance. i called them at 1 888 HIPOGTR cause i saw one of their ads in 5.0 and their site didnt list the kit. the kit was about $60 cheaper then ordering straight from spintech and gtr orders the kits built to order right from the spintech factory. great customer service and the kit came right on time.
they are my best sponsors...Ricardo and Gonzalo HOOK YOU UP!

If you tell them Erick Valdez sent you

909-987-4386

You get my discount on the orders!