Just wanted to say HI! My new project attached.

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='69Mach1]Welcome to the forum,
Nice project ,I let too many '68 fasbacks get away,was Highland Green the original color?Good Luck with it ,and post your progress.[/QUOTE]

No, I believe the build sheet said it was originally blue. I'll have to look at it again to make sure.

I'm thinking maybe a dark charcoal for the future color. When my wife and I bought her 2003 Jetta, I really liked the dark charcoal color they had that year. My wife decided on silver but that's another story... It was her car and choice so she got silver. That's why I have a hobby, it gives me the opportunity to have a choice every once and a while...lol

HMM said:
Thanks! I hope it turns out to be a fun project. It will be my first one starting from scratch.

I just checked the build sheet and the original color was Q-Brittany Blue.
68-Q.jpg

http://www.svs.com/users/zim/mustang/68colors.html

Yeah it does have the ejection seat...lol

Okay so last night at work, I looked around all night for pictures so I could start mapping out my plans. The thing is about 2 months ago I decided for the 67-68 model instead of the 65-66 and now I can't figure out why. My wife wants to kill me! Now I'm thinking about trying to trade mine for a 65-66 2+2 fastback in similar shape. Am I crazy??? I think I'm going nuts!

You're better off with the '67-'68 as far as parts availabilty and options to modification. The engine bay will accept a big block without modification, you can convert to newer tech disks with less problems, and you can fit bigger tires on it all the way around making your rim and tire combo options almost limitless. It also has a bigger stock rad so has less possible overheating problems.

krash kendall said:
You're better off with the '67-'68 as far as parts availabilty and options to modification. The engine bay will accept a big block without modification, you can convert to newer tech disks with less problems, and you can fit bigger tires on it all the way around making your rim and tire combo options almost limitless. It also has a bigger stock rad so has less possible overheating problems.

You're probably right... Who knows what I'll wind up doing. :shrug:

Please don't subject yourself to the endless loop of what if's! You've got this car, make the best of it.
Once you're done with it you can always decide to trade for another year car, but you'll have the experience, lessons learned, and satisfaction of a major project behind you. Don't waver, stay the course and make a hellofanice fastback!

krash kendall said:

Not to mention, you can add the IRS unit and certain 6 speeds with fewer modifications then the 65-66.