Keeping my 95!!!!!

95Gt_5.0

Jan 29, 2006
After much thinking, I've come to the conclusion that I'll be keeping my car. I was ready to sell it get me a 03/04 4.6. After spending weeks of thinking I've decided not get an 03/04 Gt. Insted I'll keep my 5.0 and either buy a new Civic Si or VW GTI.

I want to have a car that I can mod and also be a DD. An 4.6 just didn't make much sense, specially because of the insane gas prices. After looking at some cars of narrowed it down between an 06 civic Si and an 06 VW Gti. Both have about thet same features, power is even gti:200 si:197,their both great on gas too,33 highway(which is great for commuting to school) Both have a 6-speed tranny which should be a blast to drive. However the GTI has really grown on me,at first I hated their looks but seeing one in person really inpressed me. Haven't test drove either one of them but hopefully I will soon. Right now I'm really leaning toward the GTI, but one thing that scares me is that VW's cars tend to have a lot of problems, one of my buddies blew out his tranny of his 02 Golf last week, so that kind of scares me.

Guess the reason I'm posting this is to see what my fellow :SNSign: members think. Keep in mind that it'll be used as a daily driver,wont be modified at all(maybe some very small things like exhaust)Whatever thet outcome is,I'll still have my 95 vert,which I'll strickly use as my mod car/race car,and hopefully even drop a nice stroker!:D

Any advice would be greatly appricated.

• Sponsors (?)

Glad your keeping your 95 bro. You know that "wow" feeling you get when you see an early year muscle car thats looks badass on the street, with that deep exhaust, nice paint job, dark tint, and shiny rims? That'll be us in a couple more years man, classic purebred american muscle, carrying on the Mustang legend. Thats a good idea getting something else to drive around that'll save you gas. I would say go with the GTi but thats cuz those commercials are pretty nuts. However I do see alot of older Hondas still on the roads so I guess they pretty reliable.

Definitely get a 2.0gti. My friend just got one, we raced yesterday. Only put about a car length on him. Little sucker stayed right on my rear bumper up until 120. Quick little bugars. They don't look too bad either.

026.jpg

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 87
fgtmustang95 said:
Glad your keeping your 95 bro. You know that "wow" feeling you get when you see an early year muscle car thats looks badass on the street, with that deep exhaust, nice paint job, dark tint, and shiny rims? That'll be us in a couple more years man, classic purebred american muscle, carrying on the Mustang legend. Thats a good idea getting something else to drive around that'll save you gas. I would say go with the GTi but thats cuz those commercials are pretty nuts. However I do see alot of older Hondas still on the roads so I guess they pretty reliable.

Yeah, I defanetly know what you mean. Crazy to think that in the future some kids are going to say "Wow" to our cars..f'ing crazy.

But yea,I'll really starting to lean toward the GTI,lowerd+tint+rims=:drool:

Thanks for the responces guys, keep em' comin.

glad to see you're staying with the 5.0. as far as import cars, or even a car that's strictly a DD, ive never taken much interest only because i don't have nearly enough money. if i was in your shoes though, and i wanted something small, fun and good on gas mileage... def go with the VW, those things have grown on me with the new body style and those commercials are pretty crazy "German Engineering in da' House!!!" hahaha

we have an 01 civic

My wife drives the 01 civic LXG 4dr, not what you'd call fast off the hop, but a good solid little car, great on gas, bone stock. We've had it since new, an alt, and front struts have been the only items to be replaced under warrenty, everything else been basic upkeep, brakes,oil changes & tires. Can't complain about that!

stprorolla49 said:
look into an r32, or 20th anniversary GTi...they are only like 2-3 years old, and they are SOO much nicer looking, and faster than the 06 GTi:nice:

I bought an 03 SVT focus and they get 31-32 on the highway with the cruise control on. Quick little bastards too. Not many cars get away from me in that thing. Of course my Mustang is still the King in the driveway. But for all around fun with nice options, power, SUPERB handling, and a SOTP feel. SVT focus...they are getting cheaper too...can pick up an 03 for about 12-13k right now.