Law and exhaust-houston

Striped97

Jan 6, 2003
TX
Anyone on here in the houston area ever have trouble with off-road pipes and being pulled over? I'm moving to houston soon and was wondering do i need to go ahead and take off my o/r h-pipe and get a catted one? How much do those run and how hard would it be to do myself. I mainly was wondering if they are strict with emissions down there and if anyone ever been checked for cats and been arrested or anything like that. How much trouble can you get into by the way for no cats? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

if you live on the north side (like near the 1960 area) you might get caught as there a few troopers that mess with people for that type of thing. it is only a fix-it ticket. I am down south and never had any trouble. when I got inspected they didn't even look under the car.

Good deal, because i like the way it sounds without the cats and putting them back in would defeat the purpose of the new exhaust, louder the better for me. So getting pulled over and them just checking becuase they suspect we dont have cats is only a fix-it ticket huh? I was told somewhere along the way that if you were to get caught they could impound your car and arrest you if they were stickler cops.

Moving near the stadium, nice, :) now only if we could get a winning team to play in it :nonono: How much you paying for the apartment if you don't mind me asking? It's probably pretty expensive in that area :shrug:

I doubt you'll get your car stolen :nice: