Let's Talk Seats

Sep 5, 2016
I just picked up my 02 gt last week, the front seats have some mileage on them to say the least.

Does anyone know the price range for getting them redone?

I was thinking aftermarket seats, but they seem to be a pain from some of the threads I've read. Is there any decent priced seats that are quality?

Thank you in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

I know there's a company that sells new foam and covers that match the originals. I think the name is TMI industries and they may be sold thru lmr.com. A good quality racing seat will set you back some bucks. Sometimes Americanmuscle.com has a sale on a set of racing seats with tracks four under a grand. Haven't heard much about the quality of the seats though.

Reactions: 1 user
I've never done any work with the seats. I've heard TMI can cost but they offer something that's pretty much same as stock. Ford hasn't carried interior parts for these cars for probably 10 years. So they probably got the market cornered on seat restoration. If they're doing it right, the production won't be cheap and thus the price won't be either.

I have TMI seats in my car, I can't speak to the cost because they used my spare Mach 1 seats as prototypes, but I can say they are really nice, definitely OEM quality. Mach1 or Cobra foams and upholstery will fit the GT frames, and I they even have a few "sport seat" styles that fit the stock seat frames too.

I have TMI seats in my car, I can't speak to the cost because they used my spare Mach 1 seats as prototypes, but I can say they are really nice, definitely OEM quality. Mach1 or Cobra foams and upholstery will fit the GT frames, and I they even have a few "sport seat" styles that fit the stock seat frames too.

Do you know the quality difference between the vinyl vs leather?

I can only assume if they are as close to stock as I've heard they are, the difference is probably the same as original vinyl vs. original leather. Vinyl will burn you legs on a hot day if your wearing shorts. Leather will be better looking and a little easier on the skin.

Anyone ever upgrade to power adjustable seats?

I bought a power seat frame a while back to try to attempt it but it has just sat for about 5 years now.

I have a local place near me that reupholsters seats I would think there are places all over that do that service and should be able to get a great factory looking seat. It would be about $1200 for just the fronts I believe that was the quote I got a few years back. They do great work and have multiple leather skins to choose from.

I would rather swap to a manual seat. The power seats weigh a lot more and if that electrical motor goes out, it's expensive. But to each, their own.
ah my silly weight saving worry days are behind me, its more about comfort nice options now. If I could figure it out I'd ditch the seats altogether and install some heated and A/C seats from a newer car! Lol