Lights Flashing While Parked

Matt Richards

Jan 11, 2017
Sonoma
Hi, I am new to this forum and really joined because I just got a new 2017 GT and I noticed that when I am done driving and shut the car off and jusy sit in the car I noticed the turn signals and rear brake lights flash about every 5 seconds. I was just interested if anyone knew why. I haven't noticed it happening every time but every once in a while. It doesn't seem to cause anything but it's weird. I'm thinking it might be caused because the car has its alarm set but won't go off because it sense the key is still in the car. I also do have some extra alarm system that the dealer said I should get. Thanks in advance for any information.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply but I think I might have figured it out. I never thought about it before but it only happens when it's raining and I think it's the rain that is locking the doors from the outside. I noticed it one time when I was washing the car and my keys were in my pocket. Every time I sprayed water on the handle the lights would flash and doors would lock. The only thing is I'm not sure you can lock the doors from outside when there is a key on the inside.

Yep. That's happened to me too. I'll run water over the door handles and the lights will flash as if I've locked the doors remotely. As for locking the doors while a key is on the inside, I think the owners manual describes how to. There is a setting that has to be changed in order for you to do so. Otherwise I don't believe you can lock the doors while the key is inside the vehicle, unless it senses there is a warm body in the drivers seat.

Hello,

Did anyone ever resolve this? I have an issue where it seems like my headlights will turn off while the car is parked and off. The dealer tells me they can't duplicate it. My issue seems similar to this one! Need help!