Little Rant!

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
I had 2 people want to trade me for my Turbo Foxbody convertible GT ....i never knew it was so hard to basically give away a turbo Foxbody...with tons of extra parts...cage..sub frames...tons of mods, Just put in a Lentech AOD......im not even looking for cash im just looking for a decent foxbody GT....wow cant believe it.... so pissed....

• Sponsors (?)

I had 2 people want to trade me for my Turbo Foxbody convertible GT ....i never knew it was so hard to basically give away a turbo Foxbody...with tons of extra parts...cage..sub frames...tons of mods, Just put in a Lentech AOD......im not even looking for cash im just looking for a decent foxbody GT....wow cant believe it.... so ****ed....
How can you blame anybody for trying?
It's the nature of the beast dude. I got offered a shotgun, and a ski boat (from the same guy) for the red car. I honestly can't say I was pis sed about that, it was just one more offer that I didn't take.
If you listed the car as "willing to accept trades," stipulating that you are looking for a foxbody GT, the average Shmoe will see that and think...."Maybe he might want my junk too."
BTW....How much is "basically giving it away"?
Too cheap attracts just as many Yea-hoos as waayy too much.

I was willing to take a GT that maybe was worth 4000-4500 Where i think my car is at least worth 7000-7500 being all the good parts it has and a ton of new IN BOX going with it....

Reactions: 1 user
That's the dilemma. You really can't expect extra parts to add value to the car. Chances are the guy buying the car doesn't have the same taste as you and are therefor useless to him. You need to price it as if you were selling the car alone and sell the parts separate. It's a tough pill to swallow, but that's the most effective way to get it done without completely losing your ass.

I'm only speaking from experience here. How many failed projects have I sold and/or parted out in my 4+ years on here? I could be rich, I tell ya!

I agree to a point but the parts that are going with it are needed...lol...and i wasnt looking for money out of pocket from anyone i trade with i just want a simple straight trade for trade...and i know my car isnt perfect but it has alot of top quality parts in it...:poo: i probably can part it out for more money IF I WAS looking for money im not im looking to get out of this car into another car....oh well guess it sits and rots im done with it....i really lost total interest on working on it or finishing it....

Thats the sad part i have easy easy over 7k into motor..turbo kit,tans..roll cage...fuel system..etc...My wife wont let me sell it but i can trade it...dont go there...LOL....she thinks i can get 10k for it i laugh tell her good luck it will never happen thats why its sits in my driveway it will rot off the wheels before that ever happens...thats why i want to trade that she is ok with...lol...dont ask....

well good luck. I know how hard it is to keep the wife happy when they don't understand how the car market works. My ex sold my 85 race car that had about 15k in it for 4k. The motor alone was worth 7k.

Did I mention she is my EX?

Reactions: 3 users
LOL....thanks My wife is great i have plenty of other toys...so does she...but for some reason she doesnt want me to let this go...lol...but if i trade for another foxbody she is A OK with it...lol

Well IMO you have a number of problems stacked against you.

1. Vert - most guys looking to go fast are not looking for verts
2. "Unfinished" - to me often means lowball time or hidden problems
3. Season - winter

You could most likey get 10k in parts.

As it sits you have a auto vert with a on3 kit ( we know the on3 reputation true or not it impacts resale ) oh and its winter.....

Reactions: 1 user
Well IMO you have a number of problems stacked against you.

1. Vert - most guys looking to go fast are not looking for verts
2. "Unfinished" - to me often means lowball time or hidden problems
3. Season - winter

You could most likey get 10k in parts.

As it sits you have a auto vert with a on3 kit ( we know the on3 reputation true or not it impacts resale ) oh and its winter.....

Yes true its a Vert but i have all the stuff to make it legal to run in the 10s cage.harness,etc etc etc...
Yes it is unfinished..doesnt mean its a bad car or done wrong..i just dont have the time to do it...and honestly i wouldnt be doing it a shop would and we all know how much they charge....lol.
Yes season is against me but might be a time for someone to get it work on it in winter have it ready for spring....

And i have had great luck with the on3 kit...never gave me a problem...been in there close to 3 years...

what needs to be finished on it?

Cage needs to be installed, sub frames, new rad and hoses...new TB...complete tune up....which i have everthing new in boxes...body needs a little TLC...top it ok just old i would replace it everything works on the car even the AC needs a recharge...just put in a Lentech AOD..stallion PI torque convertor...Like i said in my craigslist AD its not perfect but its a great starting point for someone interested in a turbo foxbody...