Looking at a 94... Few ?'s

PioneerCrazed

Jan 13, 2004
First post here, hopefully more to come!

I'm looking at a 94 GT, with 93k on the odometer. It's a beautiful car, dark red in good shape, interior is beyond mint. The only thing is it has two problems that I know of.

1.) Owner said sometimes the car will not start in park, put it in neutral, and it fires right up...

2.) Heater core is bad, not a big deal as I live in Florida...

Does anyone have any ideas on the first problem? Neutral Safety Switch? or something more serious?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well he lives in florida so i HIGHLY doubt that he will need a jacket and gloves in the winter.

On your first question......Does it crank at all while in park? Sometimes means that whatever is wrong, it doesn't happen every time so maybe it is a easy fix.

nmcgrawj said:
well he lives in florida so i HIGHLY doubt that he will need a jacket and gloves in the winter.

On your first question......Does it crank at all while in park? Sometimes means that whatever is wrong, it doesn't happen every time so maybe it is a easy fix.

But so does cardudeusa

nmcgrawj said:

Yep Im down here too! It was 31 deg. this morning and ice was on my windshield. Good thing I only have to drive 8 miles to work.

PioneerCrazed said:
1.) Owner said sometimes the car will not start in park, put it in neutral, and it fires right up...

i have only heard of this happening on my girlfriends moms volvo, i have no clue what it could be, my only guess would be something with the transmission is messed up:shrug: it depends how much you are paying for the car, if it is fairly cheap then go for it and get it fixed, but if hes asking alot for it then i dont think it would be worth it, maybe you can bargain with him and get him to come down on the price to get it fixed.

It might be a good deal, but there's not really a price listed. I'd just have it checked out by a mechanic before you buy it to be sure it's nothing major. They can also tell you any other trouble it might have. Not the most technical answer to your problem, but it might help you out in the long run.