Looks like a new bottom end is in my future...

Went to the track on Saturday. Been looking like it was blowing smoke/oil for the last week but wasn't sure. On the ride up to the track my buddy said it was indeed as he had the top down behind me. :bang:

After 3 passes (problem #1), the new tranny locked in 4th. Has to go back to D&D...at least it's under warranty. Then, on the way home though the car was REALLY blowing oil (problem #2) Rebuild is in the works. 7800 miles with the blower on it. Timing sucks, but I was prepared for the rebiuld. Gonna be some downtime between getting the new block in and the motor reassembled and getting the tranny back in.

Oh, 3rd pass with the new tranny and solid axle....12.3 at 118mph with a 1.98 60ft. I was just running on 275/40/17 Nitto drags to get use to the line lock and new setup before putting on the 27x10x15 Hoosier's my buddy was letting me borrow. I would have been in the 11's easy with those slicks.

Anyway, chalk another one up to needing a rebuild after adding a blower. Stay tuned for new RWHP numbers, new boost numbers, and new track times :nice:

• Sponsors (?)