Lowering Springs

:crap: Just got a 95 vert and the previous owner put them on..Don't like the way they ride..I'm afraid I'm going to tear something up..The car looks cool..but..Thinking of putting stock ones back on..Can't even fit my floor jack under it..Lol maybe just got used to driving my Explorer..Was wondering if V-6 springs would be a cheap compromise?

• Sponsors (?)

I wish I knew which brand of springs the previous owner had installed. I was under it yesterday, re-installing the catless X pipe, after passing state inspection . I also inspected the front end as its been puling hard right when braking and found the LCAs were loose, I tightened those up and noticed the springs are purple-ish in color..Eibach perhaps?

Possibly, I couldn't identify any of the aftermarket springs by color alone. I can say Steeda springs are blue, and they do have a model number printed on them. And I know this because that's what I installed on my car.

Reactions: 1 user
Well just did a 125 mile round trip to STL. and I gotta admit she hugs the road pretty well and I just
may give Steeda a call to discuss some options to raise it at least a little bit..I know for sure I would have to invest in CC plates because it currently has none and she's a little squirrlly..I have to reacquaint myself with various other parts that are installed when these cars are lowered, like bumpsteer kit?.. Can you guys clue me in a bit if this and other parts besides the CC plates are a must have?

I have a set of Eibach Sportline springs on mine. Also have a set of Tokico Blue fox-body spec shocks, they're about 1" shorter than our SN95 shocks. I am also running MM 4 bolt CC plates. The handling is great in the twisties, but, alas, the daily driving ride quality suffers as you would expect. Fortunately, its not my daily.

Just for thought, you can get lowering springs in without any special tools. You will need a spring compressor to get the stock ones back in, and it's a pita.

Kurt

This is true. I've done plenty of spring replacement jobs for customers back in the day, and some were a real nightmare..coils and leafs..I'm expecting my box of new springs any day now and plan on inspecting the entire front end..like rack bushings, control arms, k member bolts etc..cause she started to pull really bad to the right again..It's no fun driving a car I don't have faith in..Hoping to raise her up a bit, and address whatever is causing the erratic pulling, then off to the alignment shop she'll go..