Lug diameter/pattern for 2005?

• Sponsors (?)

red93coupe said:
I've heard some talk of how the current 5-lug pattern will not match that of the 2005 GTs. Does anyone have any additional info on this? What is the new 5-lug diameter/pattern?

FR500 wheels would sure look nice on a 2005 GT.

I'll I know is it uses the same Lug pattern as Mercury Marauder
Got that info. from someone making rims for it. [ford insider]

Anything better then the stock Rims will look good ! :D

Correct. 2005+ Mustangs have a different offset than 2004 and below. I do not know what the exact offset is, but it is apparently known. I have seen it mentioned, and I have been seeing ads for 2005 Mustang Aftermarket Rims

red93coupe said:
So does that mean that there will be an offset adaptor or spacer to make current aftermarket wheels fit?

If I understand it correctly NO, as you'd need a "negative" thickness spacer!

You could put a 21mm spacer on a '05 rim and put it on an 04 Stang. But that's not what we need, now is it!

M1Rifle said:
If I understand it correctly NO, as you'd need a "negative" thickness spacer!

You could put a 21mm spacer on a '05 rim and put it on an 04 Stang. But that's not what we need, now is it!

You are correct M1. :nice:

Enfynet said:
I imagine you could put an 04 wheel on an 05 and it would just stick out a little more... wouldn't call that a good idea though.

Exactly.

How is this for twisted:

Performance cars and race cars get wider and wider tires. People associate good looks with the wider tires.

So now people want wider tires even before they are proven to work better.

It's like the carbon fiber craze. Race cars use CF, so if I use CF, even if I'm not saving weight, it's cool.

LOL.

custom89stang said:
truth be told from a true mechanic, the wider the tire, the slower the take off....so technically thinner tire is better for straight line performance....but u know how we roll....

Anyone care top guess why top fuel dragsters have those skinny little tires in front?

custom89stang said:
truth be told from a true mechanic, the wider the tire, the slower the take off....so technically thinner tire is better for straight line performance....but u know how we roll....

So THATS why I see all those dragsters running 2" wide BMX tires? :shrug:

Or maybe the true mechanic can elaborate?

Wider tires improve grip with the track, but they need more power to turn them... If you want a rocket-fast start with no slip, you want huge tires. If you want to be able to turn the tires more quickly and not worry about slip, use smaller tires. *shrug*