Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

20150614_204638.jpg
20150614_204630.jpg
20150614_204648.jpg
20150614_204655.jpg
20150614_204736.jpg
20150614_204715.jpg

Keep in mind that the bracket still needs to be trimmed edges smoothed and painted. The charger will be ported the cleaned and painted. The piping from the intercooler to the tb will be run differently the pipe there is just for reference.

Now I can figure out where all the wiring is going to be routed, found a new home for the coil, and have a solid plan for the rest of the pipe run. It may not be the prettiest custom job out there, but hey I'm just a guy with a shed.

Reactions: 1 user
OK need some real advice. I have a real tight budget for this, I only have $350 left to play with. Will an FMU work well enough? The car has 30lb injectors and an 190 lph fuel pump, please any advice will help. Dyno time is part of the budget as well.

OK need some real advice. I have a real tight budget for this, I only have $350 left to play with. Will an FMU work well enough? The car has 30lb injectors and an 190 lph fuel pump, please any advice will help. Dyno time is part of the budget as well.

An FMU will work, but it's got to be calibrated to the right delivery ratio for the 30lb injectors. The 190lph pump will probably get you by too, assuming you haven't got a slew of other bolt on parts that'll seriously bolster power leves. I'd worry about the pumps capability once you eclipse the 320-330rwhp range.

If you've got a dyno tune calculated into the budget, why not sell off the injectors and upgrade to a set of 42's, then have your tune written specifically for them? No need for an FMU then.

As far as budget goes. Any hot rodder will tell you that your actual cost vs your predicted cost is always at least 2:1. :D

Lol. So very true my fiance would love nothing more than to burn it too the ground. But I will give a full build-out list.
-Ported and polished gt40 irons 2.02 1.6 valves
-cobra intake ported for 75mm tb lower full port without puddle welding, Port matched
-1 5/8 longtubes x pipe 3 chamber Flowmaster
-e303 cam 1.7 crane rr
-30lb injectors with 90mm Lmaf, 190lph pump
-fresh 306, balanced assembly
-sct tune, no dyno results (tuned on the street) but under full load/wot had a 12.8 AFR

Last edited:
OK 8:1 fmu is on its way. Going to lock the timing out at 18* to start and see how much boost it makes. This will be a trial run to make sure everything works and it doesn't throw/destroy the belt. Then we shall begin the MegaSquirt build. Yes! It has been decided and the better half has even given the ok. (CRAZY I know) Gonna get the diypnp and delete the MAF probably build a filter box over the intake to utilize cowl fed air and move the tb upstream of the charger. But that's all in time, for now I will run it in its current configuration.

Reactions: 1 user
Got all the intercooler piping routed in finally. Waiting for parts to finish the bypass. Fmu will be plumbed in tomorrow. Got all the raw materials for my idler arm install, will start the fab tomorrow with pics!

An FMU will work, but it's got to be calibrated to the right delivery ratio for the 30lb injectors. The 190lph pump will probably get you by too, assuming you haven't got a slew of other bolt on parts that'll seriously bolster power leves. I'd worry about the pumps capability once you eclipse the 320-330rwhp range.

If you've got a dyno tune calculated into the budget, why not sell off the injectors and upgrade to a set of 42's, then have your tune written specifically for them? No need for an FMU then.

As far as budget goes. Any hot rodder will tell you that your actual cost vs your predicted cost is always at least 2:1. :D

What he said except for the fuel pump. Walbro 190lp/h pumps have a tendency to bypass under 60 lbs. That's totally achievable with an FMU. It'll leaving you scratching your head or worse. I suggest a high pressure pump if you're going FMU. You may also want to invest a power regulator like a boost-a-pump to keep that pump stable. That can have you chasing ghosts as well.

On there website the gss242 will flow all the way up to 100# of pressure. I'm not one to risk that with my new motor. I am however going to try it out as I have a in car fpg, if the belt system works and It the charger puts out more than 5-6psi I will pull the tank and upgrade. I want to be sure this Frankenstein will work before spending more money on it.

Last edited:
OK I promised more pictures and here they are.
20150710_165336.jpg
pretty simple right has a nut welded on the backside of the plate and multiple notches for adjustment I also reversed the spring in the idler arm.
20150710_170017.jpg
20150710_170348.jpg
this will allow 180* of belt wrap and my manual tensioner on the alternator will allow me to take up belt stretch.
20150711_154917.jpg
my redneckish looking final product.. lol :lol:
20150711_154956.jpg
if a supercoupe and a mustang had a baby this would be it's special needs cousin.:O_o:
More progress to come got in 100' of header wrap today gonna swap on the "new" rocker arms and clean out all the intercooler pipes. Want to be sure I don't spray metal into my engine. Still waiting for the parts to do the bypass.