Mac ProChamber Installed!! Review and Question?

2002BLKGT

Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Florida
Well, I finally did it. After a year and a half of deliberating between H, X, and Prochamber I made my mind up Saturday morning. It all happened rather hastily. I have been really considering trading in or selling the stang, but after learning that its value is even lower than it should be due to the 2005 on its way, I decided to keep her and pay her off the next three years. So, I woke up Saturday and said, "screw it!, where's the phone book!!!?".

I called Steeda who were closing so they told me to call Mustang Specialties in Pompano Beach, FL. They had the mils and told me the north east distributor for Mac was right down the street. I called them, they were closed, but the owner's secretary gave me his number, and he agreed to meet me there to sell me the mid pipe. ( pretty cool of him). Turns out he's the charter president of Trapeze, a swingers club down here~!(ok?)

Anyway, I get back to Davie and head over to Weston Meineke, who installed my springs and flowmasters and have it installed. It took a little under an hour.

Review: The sound is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I mean, at idle you can barely tell it has an O/R pipe, but at WOT, holy ****! I scared the hell out of some lady next to me at a red light when I wasn't really driving too agressively. The exhaust note with the Flows is nice. It actually sounds just like Mac's statement: " H and X combined". She purrs like a cat when crusiing, and is loud like an X when getting on it. I am completely and totally satisfied and as someone who suffers from buyer's remourse when purchasing a damn CD, that's saying something. No regrets here!

Issue: This morning my SES light came on after putting 87 miles on the new pipe. I purchased the good Mils which originated from Dallas Mustang ( $59).
My question is, should I remove the ground from the battery to clear the code? I thought since I had mils, it would never come on, but I remember reading some posts of guys who had this same thing happen. What is the best course of action?

Cons of Pipe: The only thing I don't feel is any S.O.T.P gains in power. If anything she feels a little sluggish at times. I plan to get 4.10's soon to compensate, but how do you know if you have any exhaust leaks? What sound or pattern of behavior can you listen/watch for?

Overall, I am happy with the ProChamber and would reccomend it to anyone who is on the fence regarding which mid pipe to spend your hard earned dollars on. Two thumbs up here! :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Nice to hear, I love the sound the prochamber gives off as well. As far as throwin codes, reset your computer to see if they come back. If they do then it's the mils most likely if not alls well. Also, the prochamber combined with the LT's gave me 27rwhp and 30+ torque, so there is gains to be had.

Thanks

01BlkGT said:
Nice to hear, I love the sound the prochamber gives off as well. As far as throwin codes, reset your computer to see if they come back. If they do then it's the mils most likely if not alls well. Also, the prochamber combined with the LT's gave me 27rwhp and 30+ torque, so there is gains to be had.

yeah, I'll reset the ground on the battery today at lunch. Five hours should do the trick!

I'm sure after the 4.10's go in I'll notice the less restricted exhaust more. The lack of back pressure coupled with the stock 3.27's aren't exactly helping.
Aren't long tubes a waste of money if your N/A?

there is no way you lost any power with the PC, sotp is deceptive, i cant tell the difference between what my car felt like new and now by driving it, besides the gear change. I miss the sound of my prochamber:(. i had to thank people 3 times a day for complimenting me on my exhaust.

Swap?

Jackie Chan said:
there is no way you lost any power with the PC, sotp is deceptive, i cant tell the difference between what my car felt like new and now by driving it, besides the gear change. I miss the sound of my prochamber:(. i had to thank people 3 times a day for complimenting me on my exhaust.

You swapped an O/R X in for the Prochamber? Not happy with the X ?

If the ses comes back on, go get the codes pulled at autozone or somewhere & come back & let us know what they are. I had the same problem & it ended up being my front o2 sensor. After i replaced that everything was all right :nice: I can't wait to install mine when i get my car back. I miss that sound :p

:banana: prochamber :banana:

i love mine...couldn't be a better exhaust tone.

About the MILS. I would just get the wire up kind its so much cheaper and the wiring is extremely basic its worth saving the money. However, i think dallas mustang has a good lot of information on how to fix problems with the MILS. Its usually some fidgity problem but its unlikely that the mils themselves are defective as MILS work with little complexity. The only reason the mils might not work is if the correct wires somehow are not making good contact...other than that they should work.

kirkyg

Pre - wired

kirkyg said:
:banana: prochamber :banana:

i love mine...couldn't be a better exhaust tone.

About the MILS. I would just get the wire up kind its so much cheaper and the wiring is extremely basic its worth saving the money. However, i think dallas mustang has a good lot of information on how to fix problems with the MILS. Its usually some fidgity problem but its unlikely that the mils themselves are defective as MILS work with little complexity. The only reason the mils might not work is if the correct wires somehow are not making good contact...other than that they should work.

kirkyg

Well the ones I have are prewired, set up for easy plug and play so to speak. I think a reset may fix this. I'll have to do it tonight because Ford doesn't use bolts with a flat head pattern to remove the terminals on the battery. No ratchet set in the trunk. I'll post the results.

I love my Prochamber and flows combo. Had it on for a week, and nothing but good things to say. A definite improvement over the sound of the Bassani X I had on my last GT. Good luck with the SES light. I just drive with mine on until the Predator releases for the Mach.

Dallas Mustang

TribalMan said:
I love my Prochamber and flows combo. Had it on for a week, and nothing but good things to say. A definite improvement over the sound of the Bassani X I had on my last GT. Good luck with the SES light. I just drive with mine on until the Predator releases for the Mach.

These are the installation steps reccomended by Dallas Mustang
link to site

1. Disconnect Battery
2. Raise vehicle. (Be sure to secure with jack stands)
3. Unplug secondary 02 sensors. (Closest to rear of car)
4. Pry plugs from bracket.
5. It may be necessary to grind or cut alignment tabs from passenger side 02-sensor connector.
6. Plug in MIL eliminators making sure they are fully engaged, then tie wrap away from exhaust.
7. Reconnect Battery.

I guess a reset IS in order then. The mechanic that did mine didn't remove the ground off the battery.

2002BLKGT said:
Well, I finally did it. After a year and a half of deliberating between H, X, and Prochamber I made my mind up Saturday morning. It all happened rather hastily. I have been really considering trading in or selling the stang, but after learning that its value is even lower than it should be due to the 2005 on its way, I decided to keep her and pay her off the next three years. So, I woke up Saturday and said, "screw it!, where's the phone book!!!?".

I called Steeda who were closing so they told me to call Mustang Specialties in Pompano Beach, FL. They had the mils and told me the north east distributor for Mac was right down the street. I called them, they were closed, but the owner's secretary gave me his number, and he agreed to meet me there to sell me the mid pipe. ( pretty cool of him). Turns out he's the charter president of Trapeze, a swingers club down here~!(ok?)

Anyway, I get back to Davie and head over to Weston Meineke, who installed my springs and flowmasters and have it installed. It took a little under an hour.

Review: The sound is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I mean, at idle you can barely tell it has an O/R pipe, but at WOT, holy ****! I scared the hell out of some lady next to me at a red light when I wasn't really driving too agressively. The exhaust note with the Flows is nice. It actually sounds just like Mac's statement: " H and X combined". She purrs like a cat when crusiing, and is loud like an X when getting on it. I am completely and totally satisfied and as someone who suffers from buyer's remourse when purchasing a damn CD, that's saying something. No regrets here!

Issue: This morning my SES light came on after putting 87 miles on the new pipe. I purchased the good Mils which originated from Dallas Mustang ( $59).
My question is, should I remove the ground from the battery to clear the code? I thought since I had mils, it would never come on, but I remember reading some posts of guys who had this same thing happen. What is the best course of action?

Cons of Pipe: The only thing I don't feel is any S.O.T.P gains in power. If anything she feels a little sluggish at times. I plan to get 4.10's soon to compensate, but how do you know if you have any exhaust leaks? What sound or pattern of behavior can you listen/watch for?

Overall, I am happy with the ProChamber and would reccomend it to anyone who is on the fence regarding which mid pipe to spend your hard earned dollars on. Two thumbs up here! :nice: :nice:

how much did you pay for the mid-pipe install??

Cost

DerekStangGT said:
how much did you pay for the mid-pipe install??

The mid pipe was $260.00 including tax
Mil Elims from Mustang Specialties: 63.00 with tax
Install was 1 hour labor:74.00 + disposal fee + tax=93.00
I know I could have done this myself, but I don't have the space for it.

Around $400.00 for everything. Not bad I think. :)

Update: Damn I love the sound of that exhaust. I took my lunch and drove down to Subway here in Miami. God I love the sound of this car. Some gears and she'll be new all over again for at least several months! :nice:

2002BLKGT said:
The mid pipe was $260.00 including tax
Mil Elims from Mustang Specialties: 63.00 with tax
Install was 1 hour labor:74.00 + disposal fee + tax=93.00
I know I could have done this myself, but I don't have the space for it.

Around $400.00 for everything. Not bad I think. :)

Update: Damn I love the sound of that exhaust. I took my lunch and drove down to Subway here in Miami. God I love the sound of this car. Some gears and she'll be new all over again for at least several months! :nice:

thanks

Around $400.00 for everything. Not bad I think. ??? That sounds a bit steep. I mean I would never pay someone to do a mod that easy. It is literally a bolt-on. I dont have that much experience with cars, being in college and all and this is my first stang, but you could have easily done it no problem at all. I only paid 120 for my Hpipe install (the cost of the MAC pipe itself) and bolted that bia on there. Not hard at all and only used one side of my parents garage.

Congrats on the mod. I love the sound of mine. Lots of good info above on the MIL issue. When you put them in, did you bend them. I have heard that that is a no no and may lead to problems. As for my experience, my SES comes on from time to time. I used to re-set the computer, but found that it never worked. I had the codes pulled at Autozone and confirmed that it was one of the rear O2 sensors. No problem with the car. After just driving it - usually for about 300 miles, the light just goes off by itself. :nice:

Hey croft for someone who does not have the tools, the jack, the jack stands, a garage $93 bucks is not bad, and lets face who wants to lay in the driveway in florida under a car to put on a mid pipe, under a black car i might add. Forget it