Madmike V2.0

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
I don't have to tell any of you guys that getting old sucks.

Nobody wants to, yet we all do.

With age, comes age related problems....pain, joint failure, fatigue......see, it just freakin sucks.

Everyday, I aspire to get stuff done, but because I'm moving slow from worn out painful joints,....I never get done what I expect to.

I guess it might be different if I had somebody to help,...but that would mean trusting them to do it the way I would do it,..and I'm just to much of a control freak to let things go completely. Besides,......there's nobody around to help anyway.

So,...........being that I am who I am,...I figure, What if there were two of me?

If there was two if me, I could leave the one me here during the day, while the real me went to work. On my days off,..both of me could team up,......I wouldn't have to tell me nothing,...because I'd already know what had to be done.

The car would literally be done in days,.....not weeks,.......or months.

The other me could also benefit me in other ways,....just think of the benefits to my wife when it came time for honey-doos,......not to mention the "other" perks of having two of the same man around.

So I get to thinkin,.....how hard would it really be?............................To build another me.

I got the skills.

I been to one semester at Cameron Community College in Lawton Oklahoma....

I got the brains.

I certainly have enough stuff laying around to make the frame,....and I am after all the " donor" when it comes time to deal with the biology stuff,..so I got that part covered too.

Now don't get me wrong here,......I'm not talking about fully cloning myself,....I know that certain aspects of the project are gonna have to be cyber,....and other parts animatronic, until I can figure it all out. But hey,....I've built a whole stinkin Megasquirt from scratch,..and you know what I can do with metal and a Mig.......

What did I have to lose?

I know what you're thinkin..............There is that whole "playing God" thing,.....but that wouldn't be the first time somebody asked me if I thought the world revolved around me either.

So I even have the right mindset.

So that's what I did.

I don't have a laboratory per se'.....so in a lot of instances I had to wing it. Not even having a Petri dish to attempt a skin culture, I borrowed the wife's Chia pet, ( the one that looks like Obama's head) and scraped some skin cells onto it. I watered it,...put it in the window, and then went downstairs to see what else I could use for my new project.

To keep going on, & on about each and every phase of the project would take days,...and I know that some of you are glazing over already,...so I'll spare you the details concerning the thousands of pages in my journal,...the countless hours spent in the garage learning through trial and error,...the endless complaints from the neighbors having to deal with the eerie light escaping from every crack in the foundation........

Well just cut to the chase.

BEHOLD........MAD MIKE 2.0!!!

Clearly,..I got some bugs to work out. This vid ( if I can ever get the damn thing to work) was taken by me right after I jolted him/me to life with the 220 circuit I use for the welder. ( I just had him hold the positive, and negative in each hand,.....I think I hurt his neural net,.....

Maybe his animatronic motor system......I don't know,....either way I still got a little work to do.

But based on initial tests,....I'm pretty pumped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't have to tell any of you guys that getting old sucks.

Nobody wants to, yet we all do.

With age, comes age related problems....pain, joint failure, fatigue......see, it just freakin sucks.

Everyday, I aspire to get stuff done, but because I'm moving slow from worn out painful joints,....I never get done what I expect to.

I guess it might be different if I had somebody to help,...but that would mean trusting them to do it the way I would do it,..and I'm just to much of a control freak to let things go completely. Besides,......there's nobody around to help anyway.

So,...........being that I am who I am,...I figure, What if there were two of me?

If there was two if me, I could leave the one me here during the day, while the real me went to work. On my days off,..both of me could team up,......I wouldn't have to tell me nothing,...because I'd already know what had to be done.

The car would literally be done in days,.....not weeks,.......or months.

The other me could also benefit me in other ways,....just think of the benefits to my wife when it came time for honey-doos,......not to mention the "other" perks of having two of the same man around.

So I get to thinkin,.....how hard would it really be?............................To build another me.

I got the skills.

I been to one semester at Cameron Community College in Lawton Oklahoma....

I got the brains.

I certainly have enough stuff laying around to make the frame,....and I am after all the " donor" when it comes time to deal with the biology stuff,..so I got that part covered too.

Now don't get me wrong here,......I'm not talking about fully cloning myself,....I know that certain aspects of the project are gonna have to be cyber,....and other parts animatronic, until I can figure it all out. But hey,....I've built a whole stinkin Megasquirt from scratch,..and you know what I can do with metal and a Mig.......

What did I have to lose?

I know what you're thinkin..............There is that whole "playing God" thing,.....but that wouldn't be the first time somebody asked me if I thought the world revolved around me either.

So I even have the right mindset.

So that's what I did.

I don't have a laboratory per se'.....so in a lot of instances I had to wing it. Not even having a Petri dish to attempt a skin culture, I borrowed the wife's Chia pet, ( the one that looks like Obama's head) and scraped some skin cells onto it. I watered it,...put it in the window, and then went downstairs to see what else I could use for my new project.

To keep going on, & on about each and every phase of the project would take days,...and I know that some of you are glazing over already,...so I'll spare you the details concerning the thousands of pages in my journal,...the countless hours spent in the garage learning through trial and error,...the endless complaints from the neighbors having to deal with the eerie light escaping from every crack in the foundation........

Well just cut to the chase.

BEHOLD........MAD MIKE 2.0!!!

Clearly,..I got some bugs to work out. This vid ( if I can ever get the damn thing to work) was taken by me right after I jolted him/me to life with the 220 circuit I use for the welder. ( I just had him hold the positive, and negative in each hand,.....I think I hurt his neural net,.....

Maybe his animatronic motor system......I don't know,....either way I still got a little work to do.

But based on initial tests,....I'm pretty pumped.

This really made me laugh... Thanks Mike

Hopefully version 2.0 doesn't drink all your whiskey and then post here:D
V 2.0 is a work in progress,...( like I need another one).

I may or may not be able to get him running right before he'll do me any good. ( I may need Steve to help me w/ programming him)

In the mean time,...I got the Monster to worry about.

As for me,...I may have to sit on the back burner,....

I mean, the other "I,"....er.... me, or us,............Whatever.

Damn,..........This may prove to be a problem...

Reactions: 2 users
Just wondering Mike, will there be a LJK V 2.0 as well for Mike 2.0 to abuse?
Abuse??!! Don't be ridiculous!! I'm not abusing the kid,......he's perfectly content to sit in a small, dark, non-climate controlled storage shed till I have something useful that he can do.....

As for MMv2.1.......I've removed his arms....I've repurposed them. He's temporarily out of commission.

See the difference with me is that work is the easier of the two things for me....the car kicks my ass.

That's beginning to sound like something I would say...fixing computers doesn't give me nearly as much stress as fixing cars.
You must be getting old... You know what they say - first thing go is the hair, then the vigor, and finally the brain...

Reactions: 3 users