Maf Counts

I was hoping someone might be able to provide a little insight. I recently had Vortech V3 blown 03 GT tuned, the original tune was very pedestrian and the car was running way rich with 38lb injectors.

I'm now finding that the car runs rough in the 2k - 3k RPM range ... I notice it more if I hover 2500. The car idles pretty well, and it pulls relatively nicely.

As a side note (and potentially the root cause), just prior to the tune I piped the FMIC, dropped to a 3.33 pulley from the 3.6, and threw a new K&N on (not sure if I'm sucking oil out and over my MAF).

I haven't done a full leak test yet because it's a challenge to get the pipe off the discharge with my clearance, but thinking I may need to ... I sprayed everything down with SOAP and didn't see any bubbles; but I know that's not the best test

Does anyone have any idea if a leak somewhere in my system would cause MAF Count fluctuations like these ... assuming that this much fluctuation isn't normal (attached).

I am running the stock MAF in the fender well in a draw-through setup.

Attachments

• MAF_Fluctuations.PNG
    MAF_Fluctuations.PNG
    128.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Sponsors (?)

It would help if you explained the graph. For example what is the blue line and the units of measure? What is the green line and the units of measure?

But in general an unstable MAF signal is a sign of turbulent air flow.