Maf Delete/swap To Map Sensor

Rezor

Jun 10, 2016
Greetings from Poland ;)
Little bit about my mustang (boring, you can skip to next section :D):
Almost two years ago I bought My SN95 GT or better to say: sth that looks like SN95 GT :D It looks really sad, engine works unproperly, AOD-E was damaged (no 3rd and 4th gear). It had at least two crashes. There was only AC and Power steering works correctly... But that was love from first sight (and it cost me 3600 PLN - less than 1 000 $ :D). At this moment I still working on it to build perfect race car with badass V8 OHV. Engine was repaired, also bought 351W as base for further build. Got tubular K-member, coilovers, manual t-5 swap, removed AC, emission systems, recaro seats, refreshed interior (Front end is still rusty and ugly but saving money for tubular frond mod). Roller rockers, hardened pushrods, eq shorty headers etc... Still long way to finish :)

So what I want to get is change intake and get extra free space under the hood. I found that some EEC equiped fords had map sensor and the question is it will work with my A9L without extra tune? Later I want to buy SA ECU so at this moment buying SCT or quarterhorse is wasting money for me. Why map sensor? Because I want to install vic jr efi intake + 4 venturi throttle body and stay with fuel injected system with Carb Like intake. It is imposible with IAC+MAF combo so the question is it is possible to swap to map sensor? Btw: is there any possibility to reflash A9L ECU without any extra tuners? i.e. by using generally available programator?

• Sponsors (?)

Greetings. If you're dealing with an A9L you might want to post this in the parent forum for the Fox people to respond, as they're far more experienced with MAF swaps & removals. I believe there's a different computer / harness between an MAF & non-MAF A9L so it may involve more than just plug & play, but I have no direct experience. You cannot reflash these computers, you need a piggy-back card like SCT or QH. Note that you can buy an SCT-like card and burner from Moates for a little over $100USD total, and use free software like TunerPro to tune it..

The original computer for 94-95 5.0 Mustangs was a T4M0.

The A9L computer is for 89-93 5.0 Mustangs and will not fit the 94-95 5.0 Mustangs computer harness. The A9L has 3 rows of connector pins and the T4M0 has 4 rows of connector pins.

You supposedly can use a computer wiring harness connector from a 89-93 5.0 Mustang and remove the pins from the T4M0 computer wiring harness and put them in an A9L computer wiring harness connector. The best plan is to get a computer that matches the wiring harness you already have.

A9L is still a MAF Eec used in 89-92 mustangs.

The non MAF eec was used in 86-88 mustangs and relies on a MAP sensor.

I'm not really sure I'd swap a sn95 to that setip. MAF is much more adaptable to mods.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

It's really geared more towards V6 engines.

• 6 coil drivers, each with built in heavy duty Igniter capable of directly driving up to 2 coil packs each, total 12 coil packs.
  • 6 Injector drivers capable of driving at least 2 hi impedance injectors each, total 12+ injectors. latency dead time and voltage correction calibration settings and tables. Selections of predefined injectors also.
Technically you are two coil drivers, and two injector driver's short of being able to use this system properly. You could convert to a batch-fire injector setup, but I personally think this is a step backwards. And at $1000-1300...that's a hell of an investment.

To be honest, what you are about to spend on this project could fund a pretty nice H/C/I setup that's been done and well-supported/documented.

It is the same configuration like in MegaSquirt. Only advantage of MS is that It is possible to buy extension to get full seq-injection for v8. And it is Polish product and without shipping, international taxes and local dealer additional fees it cost about 550$ :)

In the other hand I must to pay 1.5x more for parts from US :D for example thats why my SN95 will have calipers from tuareg and rotors from 300C and propably I will buy COP from tfsi :D Some foxes here got headlights from renault to get asymmetric beam for legalization :D

In the other hand I must to pay 1.5x more for parts from US :D for example thats why my SN95 will have calipers from tuareg and rotors from 300C and propably I will buy COP from tfsi :D Some foxes here got headlights from renault to get asymmetric beam for legalization :D

Is that a main reason for your unique setup desires??

I was going to reply that it would be easier, cheaper, and more reliable to stick with a cookie-cutter setup that's been done before on Mustangs so you can spend more time driving, and less time tuning, but that may not be possible I guess with limited parts resources.

To be quite honest, spending the time to tune for that intake manifold, yet leaving the stock heads and camshaft (unsure if they are stock but you didn't say otherwise) seems like a waste honestly.

Like I said: I have 351W engine. What I'm doing right now is changing everything except engine. Currently I'm fighting with suspension, weight and brakes, then I planned to do something with my drivetrain, ecu and body. While I will be setting up my ECU I will stay with original 302 and set only COP for it. The last and seems most expensive part will be creating whole engine from scratch using just 351W block. What I want to achieve is 550fl/lb torque monster on 393 strocker with N/A. If that wouldn't be enough propably I will buy some Dart block because of stock block limitation but that is far future and I still don't have my part list planned except scat forged 393 stroker kit.

Reactions: 1 user