Magnaflow Or Borla?

lastcall190

Oct 27, 2016
TL;DR: Borla Stinger or Magnaflow full-body with long tubes

I hate to make this thread but I'm kind of looking for real world feedback. I have been all over youtube trying to find videos of Mach 1's with Magnaflow exhaust (full body, not Magnapack), cats and long tubes. I haven't found but maybe one, which is just sitting in place revving the piss out of it. I presently have a Borla Stinger system that came on the car, which sounds ok I suppose, kind of take it or leave it to me. With long tubes and cats it seems to sound pretty good. I have a Magnaflow system coming this week, but am kind of unsure which one to put on the car. If I were to sell the Magnaflow I wouldn't even unbox it (heavy restocking fee so F returning it). Anybody with Magnaflow and long tubes have some clips? With cats preferably? I realize I'm kind of splitting hairs, but just trying to get ideas. Thanks for the input.

-J

• Sponsors (?)

Long tubes and x pipes seem to have the same effect on sounds regardless of what cat back you got. X pipes make cars scream raspy more than grunt. Low end roar is accentuated by h pipes. Long tubes make exhaust lower in tone and higher in volume. Cat mid pipes muffle the sound slightly and reduce raspy tones.

With that in mind you could compare the difference in car backs by listening to them on stock cars. Stingers are going to be louder and screaming. MagnaFlow as a brand prides themselves in being quiet during normal, reserving some roar for wide open throttle.

If you like everybody hearing you from a block away and scaring small children, stay stinger. If your looking for a more sedate, refined, stealthy, dare I say adult, sound that only yells when you want it to, magnaflow is your brand.

I've had uncatted full exhaust with stingers. That car was loud and angry. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Im trying to cater my current car to be more wife friendly. So we can cruise together. A little more comfortable a little less in your face. Probably get a MagnaFlow system for it.

Sorry no clips.

My 2 cents. Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I hear you on the loud car and loving it... had an LSx with a 110LSA cam, LTs, True Duals with race bullets dumped under the car. Thing was not hiding a dang thing and it was a blast. That was 10 years and several splitting headaches earlier. I think I might look into more subdued as my wife and eventually my daughter might like going out for Sunday morning drives and I don't want to deafen them or myself. Probably will go with Magnaflow. Thanks for the input!

-J