Map Light Woes - Good Laugh Inside

So I bought this 02 GT vert in the summer for $2000 and started to make it look decent again.

I did a bunch of stuff that was neglected over the years. The car is in excellent condition, however the map lights in the rearview mirror were burnt out.

I go get a new LED set for $20!!

Expecting a huge improvement in visibility, I got NOTHING. I tried all the tricks regarding the buttons, tbe dimmer switch. You name it.

I left it alone and went for a cruise.

After looking at the rearview mirror thinking what could be the issue, I realize that the rear view doesn't have any wires connected to it.

I guess previous owner had to pull then out for some reason. Got a good laugh.

Any idea why he may have pulled them?

• Sponsors (?)

Theirs always a reason why previous owner disconnected or bypassed an item electrical or mechanical. He either didn't know or was too cheap to fix problem. How good are you at electrical diagnosis/ repair? Can you read schematics? Maybe one of our members can send you a wiring schematic of your map lights and fuses. Let us know if you have the ability and test light/ volt meter to fix problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theirs always a reason why previous owner disconnected or bypassed an item electrical or mechanical. He either didn't know or was too cheap to fix problem. How good are you at electrical diagnosis/ repair? Can you read schematics? Maybe one of our members can send you a wiring schematic of your map lights and fuses. Let us know if you have the ability and test light/ volt meter to fix problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks moose!

It's not that big of a deal for me. But would appreciate any help.

Like I said the wire is completely gone, so I would appreciate help writing it back up.